•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Batayeh to Falaj Al Mualla - Sharjah - 1 May 2022

Frederic

IMG_0027.jpg.10792f7c39d428e426d0bff9e948fb6b.jpg

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive details

Level:  Newbie and Above

When:  1st of May 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 4 PM SHARP

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/WYMWCc7JmWVz3gm39

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8 PM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close 24hrs prior. 
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below Calendar

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

This was a magnificent drive! Thank you @Fredericfor your lead and thank you @Anoop Nair, @Davie Chase and @topgear for your support! 

I did learn a lesson today- I need offroad lights :-) was trying to stay as close to @Shama Zamora as possible not to lose track:-)

IMG-20220501-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20220501-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220501-WA0009.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Frederic for leading us and for all the great advice, I really enjoyed it and learned a lot, thank you @Anoop Nair for showing us the easier route every now and then, special thanks to the one and only @Davie Chase for the tugs! You're a legend.

This drive was my 4th drive with the club and posed some very nice and interesting challenges! It totally melted any ego I had so a big thanks to the desert for being so unpredictable! It was an absolute pleasure to meet all of you, looking forward to our seeing you again soon.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Frederic thanks for a fantastic afternoon drive, it had some beautiful back drops, wildlife and just in all in very scenic. we had some long flowing dunes, some challenging terrain going from hard to extremely soft. and some sharp drop offs. this was my first venture into driving at night and this did change the perspective of the dunes. Terrain is definitely more difficult to read and depth perception and depth of field changes. I really enjoyed getting my first glimpse of these perspectives.

@Anoop Nair you did a sterling job at S/L moving us left and right onto a path that made the drive smoother. @topgear appreciate the great job you did at the back sweeping the convoy and supporting the refusals at the back.

@Jad Moussalli @Stan Hassett @Shama Zamora @Yerem Davtyan @george charbel @JERINE_B @Bhaskar @Nathan @Paul Zeitoun @Probir Mukherjee you guys drove extremely well in some challenging conditions, especially as mother nature turned the lights off on us. it was a pleasure to drive with old friends and meet and drive with some new ones. We had a few stucks and refusals but that is all part and parcel of the learning journey that we are all on. i learnt a great deal from the drive and especially from Freddies leadership and our venture into the darkness. 

thank you all for your patience as we tried to recover you and hopefully we al learnt together. Hope to see you all in the sand again soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 5

As everyone has said, it was a fantastic drive. The combination of scenic route and a little bit of night driving really added a nice twist. It just goes to show how the desert becomes a different animal after dark! Thanks @Frederic for leading such a great route and @Davie Chase  and @topgear for the support. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use