•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Oryx Express - Dubai - 30 Apr 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/DBp7gtVZGFb4mo9e9

Action Plan: A dash from Qudra to Ghantoot, along Al Marmoon's western border, on a mix of long range dunes, with occasional technical areas and blocks of taller dunes with deeper sand bowls. The drive's title hints at the goal of reaching a large feeding station just north of E14 (the road linking Faqa to Ghantoot), where often one can admire huge herds of Oryx roaming the dunes. Based on the convoy's abilities, we may exit at Ghantoot or head back to Qudra's area via sabkhas and some more long range dunes.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

Please RSVP on below calendar:

• Like (+1) 4

Dear Desertnauts.

Welcome to this drive. Our goal will be to move alongside the western border of Al Marmoon's Conservation Area, entering just off the road to Bab al Shams Resort, reaching the Solar Park's pylon lines, and proceeding south from there, until we'll reach a large enclosure and feeding area populated (usually) by a great deal of Oryx.

The Oryx Express will test a mix of skills, needed to overcome a couple of technical areas with tall, sharp, ridges and deep soft bowls, as well as long range, more open, dunes.

Considering we plan to exit on E14, inland from Sheik Zayed Road, not too close to any gas stations (21 km to the nearest one), it's recommended that you start with a full tank (fill up at Qudra's Last Exit ADNOC station).

The convoy order, chosen to alternate Internediates with Fewbie drivers, will be as follows:

@JeromeFJ in Second Lead

@Ashutosh Garg at #3

@Paolo Pellegrini #4

@Vaibhav at #5

@Paolo Morresi #6

@RiaanJH at #7

@Davie Chase at Center Forward

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler at #9

@Waqas Parvez #10

@Pascal at #11

@Harshal #12, and

@munkybizness will Sweep.

Looking forward to see you tomorrow morning, ready to leave as close to 6:30 am as possible.

Have a nice evening. 

• Like (+1) 9

Good Morning Ale, I’m terribly sorry but I’ve missed the buzzer for my alarm this morning :( 

Even if I was to leave now, I wouldn’t be there before 6.50am, which would severely and unfairly delay the convoy. Please accept my sincere apologies for not making it today. I will be no doubt kicking myself for missing the Oryx Express, a drive I’ve been pining over for weeks.

• Sad (0) 5

@Ale Vallecchi and @JeromeFJthank you for the wonderful route. The drive was really fun. 2 different driving style in one drive. Everyone drove extremely well. @Davie Chase  amazing job as a CF and @Waqas Parvez as a sweep we know we have nothing to worry when you both were supporting . It was pleasure meeting with new faces and special mention to the both Paolo’s where I was in between @Paolo Pellegrini and @Paolo Morresi who drove exceptionally well. @Harshal the beast you have needs to be tamed and I am sure with some more drive you will. Hope your son is doing well. @DP1011 , Deepak wranglerhappy to see another wrangler and meeting you. @Pascalamazing drive with no issues whatsoever. 
hope to see everyone soon on the sand. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for another amazing drive ! and @JeromeFJ the second half too was as amazing as the first half ! Love the track you chose ! 

was pleasure seeing again  fellow Jeepers ;) @RiaanJH @Paolo Morresi@Davie Chaseand adding to this list @Vaibhav - Was good to connect buddy ! and like wise was good to see some known faces  @Ashutosh Garg @Harshal @Paolo Pellegriniand some new too ! :) ( @Pascal@Waqas Parvez 

See you all soon again ! Have a good Eid break ! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

One of the best ride so far with Carnity. @Ale Vallecchi don't mind going too technical as at the beginning, let's do more! @JeromeFJ you were amazing in taking the lead. I love your car and I think I'll go for that one day! I also loved those 5 - 10 minutes we were driving without interruptions and without any comms only the engine noise. See you soon!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi and @JeromeFJ for your lead. Very nice drive, one of the best so far(at least for me). Nice speed and nice dunes. I loved the more technical dunes at the beginning. @RiaanJH was really nice the share the experience and the little secrets of our phenomenal cars. Hope to see you all next week. 

F4D63876-61B6-402E-8459-398BF5F6D478.jpeg

F6F9D359-E9E8-4278-A37A-8AB480B92017.jpeg

782F206A-6AE6-48C9-BFCA-D00CC7E1916D.jpeg

09AAC6B4-9B6E-4160-98E0-795A33935DD2.jpeg

5991F1D5-4579-4761-BB44-13A25278D1E7.jpeg

6A5BB1B2-4E88-4E65-87CE-7B0539A3F01C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use