•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rush Hour 4: The Commute - Dubai - 2 May 2022

Ale Vallecchi

10 minutes ago, Anoop Nair said:

Good Morning @Ale Vallecchi the main post still shows starting point at Ghantoot. Could you pls amend the same so that no one will go there this afternoon instead of Qudra

Thanks @Anoop Nair. Will amend ASAP.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

as the time to confirm the revised format has expired, based on the confirmations received, I have decided the following updates to the drive's format:

1. there will be only 1 convoy, for a total of 13 cars
  2. meeting time will be 2:30PM, to depart no later (100%) by 3:00PM
  3. the meeting point will be Qudra's Last Exit, at the waiting area just past the ADNOC's gas station exit
  4. the drive plan will have a first segment of 2 hours or 60 Km driven (whichever comes first), in the direction of Ghantoot, after which the second segment, of another 2 hours or another 60 Km driven, will be taking the convoy back to Qudra from Ghantoot (for this part I have planned a slightly different track than previous ones).
  5. exit is planned at 7PM (with 15 minutes to spare before it gets dark). 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie in Second Lead

@Alexanderrr at #3

@Vaibhav #4

@Prakash Anoop at #5

@Anoop Nair #6

@Rob S #7

@Ranjan Das at #8

@Daniel Rodas at #9

@Ashok chaturvedi #10

@topgear at #11

@munkybizness #12, and 

@varunmehndiratta in Sweep

Please deflate considering the heat of the first couple of hours of the afternoon. We'll communicate through Carnity Channel #3 (446.056).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow afternoon. Have a nice evening.

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie 

@Alexanderrr 

@Vaibhav 

@Prakash Anoop 

@Anoop Nair 

@Rob S 

@Ranjan Das 

@Daniel Rodas 

@Ashok chaturvedi 

@topgear 

@munkybizness 

@varunmehndiratta

Just in case, the correct MEETING POINT is the following:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fcb5A5FkxFUGS95Y8

MEETING TIME IS 2:30 PM.

Thanks a lot. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Ale Vallecchi changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rush Hour 4: The Commute - Dubai - 2 May 2022

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi was a wonderful drive..all.drove really well to finish the first leg inline with mission ..special thanks to you to find way to split the drive in way i could exit after first half of drive...c u all soon . 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Ale VallecchiWhat a drive. Felt like we were driving on Sheikh Zayed road with the pace. The best part was that we achieved the goal with I think just 2 small refusals. 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlieand @varunmehndiratta Good job as 2nd lead and Sweep

@munkybizness Excellent support during the return leg. 

@Alexanderrr @Prakash Anoop @Anoop Nair @Rob S @Ranjan Das @Daniel Rodas @Ashok chaturvedi @topgear 

Pleasure driving with you guys. hope to see you soon. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Loved every minute of the drive - especially when minutes were the only thing restricted which made it all the more fun - unrestricted and unlimited! The unique option of offering us 4 hour dash made up much of what i had missed of earlier episodes due to work commitment and would like to join the chorus in admiring the conception and conduct of the drive. Thanks @Ale Vallecchi

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @varunmehndiratta, @Alexanderrr and @munkybizness thanks for all the support.

@Anoop Nair, @Prakash Anoop, @Vaibhav, @Daniel Rodas, @Rob S, @topgear and @Ashok chaturvedi - thanks guys for the company, was a pleasure driving with you all.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for fantastic afternoon rush hour plus! A fitting drive for my 10th fewbie plus! 

thanks to @Zixuan Huang - Charlie and @Alexanderrr for your SL duties and @varunmehndiratta and @munkybizness for sweeping. Nice to drive with you after some time since previous drives! 

well done to everyone else in the convoy, everyone drove perfectly to allow us to complete the challenge!

see you all again soon in the sand!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Out on asphalt, where we spend most of our days, knowing where you are going is pre-destined. Even if you were driving with a purpose to explore or perhaps without aim, the path you can take to get somewhere is laid out for you. Off the road, and unlike the mountains, in the desert there is no trail or path. Faced with a million choices, driving in the sand can lend a billion and more outcomes. And not all of them will ensure that every single subsequent direction you go in, will neatly flow in with the path you've taken so far.

Now, add to this, the midday sun hitting warm lightly colored sand. Any perception of depth and gradation is lost further still. Those million choices, now have an additional level of complexity. Where earlier you had to contend with reacting to what lies on the other face of the ridge or crest you're climbing, now you're unsure even of the seemingly flat surface immediately ahead of you.

I write all of this to paint you the incredible challenge that any marshal faces in finding a path that a dozen cars behind it has to follow, and do it continuously, without breaks, and with pace. Suddenly, this already seemingly challenging series of decisions on which turns to take, transforms into an impossible one.

Yet, suddenly with great resplendence, a brightly coloured serpent twirls through this vast emptiness, covering over a 100kms and stopping only for the briefest of moments. How does this elastic chain of colorful components find a path so pristinely elegant and flowing beats the mind?! And where the serpent itself glows with vibrant yellow, reds and silvers catching the fast dipping late afternoon sun, at the head is an innocuous grey with flashes of purple as its only embellishments. After all, when grey matter itself is showing such great form, the need for colourful exuberance isn't required. Like a clean classical harmony, it rises and races without pomp and attention, with great grace and care. And yet, with great velocity and prowess.

Thank you, @Ale Vallecchi for giving me and all of the others, a taste of what harmony feels and drives like. But more so, I am in awe of your eye with which you saw, carved, and laid the path you did yesterday. Because any single deviation would have meant us not moving at the pace we did, or with the sheer ease that we did. In your masterful hands as our ribbon twirler, this convoy's motion if tracked would look like the most glorious cloth flying gracefully through the late afternoon sky.

For that experience, thank you.

And then to @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Alexanderrr, @Vaibhav, @Prakash Anoop, @Anoop Nair, @Rob S, @Ranjan Das, @Daniel Rodas, @Ashok chaturvedi, @topgear and @varunmehndiratta; I thank every single one of you for carrying that energy through the chain. It is a drive that I will remember for days to come.

See you all out on the sands again soon!

🐵  ]

P.S. @Prakash Anoop - apologies again, for the much too hard of a tug. I am glad that no damage was done, and I sit now with fresh knowledge to improve myself for the future.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@munkybizness your write up has such great flair that the epic drive truly deserves 👍

It was indeed a very satisfying drive for me as I had my missus and kids on board with me. Prior to yesterday’s drive, they have only experienced the social drives organized by Carnity and a newbie exploration drive. 

I threw them at the deep end (for me) with this F+ drive. Despite the challenging drive, none of them suffered any motion sickness and enjoyed it immensely. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use