•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rush Hour 4: The Commute - Dubai - 2 May 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

Meeting time: 2:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fcb5A5FkxFUGS95Y8

Action Plan: NEW PLAN: The Rush Hour saga continues, this time doubling up the track, going first from Qudra to Ghantoot, then retracing the way from Ghantoot back to Qudra Station. This second episode may, at times, be more challenging, as we could have to cross from the slip-faces. As all other editions, the drive plan is to cover at least 60 Km in 2 hours IN EACH SEGMENT. Departure is scheduled exactly at 3:00 PM (meeting time will be from 2:30 PM onward, so that we'll be all ready to start precisely at 3PM). The drive will end, wherever we'll be (with exit points planned nearby our route), at exactly 7:00 PM, or upon covering 60+60 Km, whichever comes first. The goal is to drive at a minimum average moving speed of 30Km/h.  

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM (including the possibility of a 30 minute extension to reach the exit)

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 8 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Monday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 4

Ciao @Paolo Pellegrini. Thanks for signing up. They drive is a Fewbie Plus one: have you just been promoted? Please let me know so I may confirm your presence. Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Ciao @Paolo Pellegrini. Thanks for signing up. They drive is a Fewbie Plus one: have you just been promoted? Please let me know so I may confirm your presence. Thanks

Hi @Alessandro I just realized is a Fewbie plus drive....come non detto mi cancello

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi wished to drive with you but not on may second , I hope there will be rush hour 5 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Dear Desertnauts.

I thank you all for the enthusiastic participation to Rush Hour 4. While looking at the waiting list I have had an idea that I would like to present to all drivers, the conformed signed up ones, and the waitlisted. If all, or most, agree, I will proceed as below:

I will extend the drive to 10 cars, hence confirming the following CONVOY 1:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Vaibhav, @Daniel Rodas, @varunmehndiratta, @Prakash Anoop, @topgear, @Rob S, @Alexanderrr PLUS @KAMALIO and @Chinthaka Ruwan

I will open up the drive to the next 10 waitlisted drivers, hence creating a new CONVOY 2:

@Naim Aoun, @Ashok chaturvedi, @munkybizness, @Simon Dawood, @Shaker, @ASAD., @Waqas Parvez, @Pacific, @Anoop Nair and @Ranjan Das

Convoy 1 will:

1. meet up at Qudra's Last Exit at 2:00 PM, and will "rush" to reach Ghantoot's exit point
  2. start the drive exactly at 2:30 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 4:30 PM sharp
  4. in case the full distance between Qudra and Ghantoot has not been covered, there is a track on a sabkha available for a quick exit to Ghantoot

Convoy 2 will:

1. meet up at Ghantoot starting point at 4:30 PM, corresponding the Convoy 1's exit, and will "rush back" to Qudra's Last Exit
  2. start the drive exactly at 5:00 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 7:00 PM
  4. also, if the drive will not have reached Qudra's Last Exit, we'll take the closest exit on Bab al Shams Road

This will allow 2 convoys to drive within the "Rush Hour" format, on the Qudra to Ghantoot route and vice versa, with only me commuting back and forth. It will be a relay of sorts, with the goal of accommodating all drivers into this exciting format.

I would like to ask each of you, both confirmed and waitlisted drivers, to please acknowledge the above idea, and confirm your presence in the allocated convoy. I will proceed to open up the drive to all those who agree with the above format, hence confirming the convoys above (or part of them, if not all agree).

Thanks a lot for your prompt consideration and reply. Have a great Sunday.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

26 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

I thank you all for the enthusiastic participation to Rush Hour 4. While looking at the waiting list I have had an idea that I would like to present to all drivers, the conformed signed up ones, and the waitlisted. If all, or most, agree, I will proceed as below:

I will extend the drive to 10 cars, hence confirming the following CONVOY 1:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Vaibhav, @Daniel Rodas, @varunmehndiratta, @Prakash Anoop, @topgear, @Rob S, @Alexanderrr PLUS @KAMALIO and @Chinthaka Ruwan

I will open up the drive to the next 10 waitlisted drivers, hence creating a new CONVOY 2:

@Naim Aoun, @Ashok chaturvedi, @munkybizness, @Simon Dawood, @Shaker, @ASAD., @Waqas Parvez, @Pacific, @Anoop Nair and @Ranjan Das

Convoy 1 will:

1. meet up at Qudra's Last Exit at 2:00 PM, and will "rush" to reach Ghantoot's exit point
  2. start the drive exactly at 2:30 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 4:30 PM sharp
  4. in case the full distance between Qudra and Ghantoot has not been covered, there is a track on a sabkha available for a quick exit to Ghantoot

Convoy 2 will:

1. meet up at Ghantoot starting point at 4:30 PM, corresponding the Convoy 1's exit, and will "rush back" to Qudra's Last Exit
  2. start the drive exactly at 5:00 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 7:00 PM
  4. also, if the drive will not have reached Qudra's Last Exit, we'll take the closest exit on Bab al Shams Road

This will allow 2 convoys to drive within the "Rush Hour" format, on the Qudra to Ghantoot route and vice versa, with only me commuting back and forth. It will be a relay of sorts, with the goal of accommodating all drivers into this exciting format.

I would like to ask each of you, both confirmed and waitlisted drivers, to please acknowledge the above idea, and confirm your presence in the allocated convoy. I will proceed to open up the drive to all those who agree with the above format, hence confirming the convoys above (or part of them, if not all agree).

Thanks a lot for your prompt consideration and reply. Have a great Sunday.

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for providing the option. I’m in.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Ale Vallecchi changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rush Hour 4: The Commute - Dubai - 2 May 2022

Important Information

Terms of use