•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rush Hour 4: The Commute - Dubai - 2 May 2022

Ale Vallecchi

7 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi as always you manage to find ways..Hats off..

i am okay being with convoy 1, for convoy 2 it's a bit late with me due to some other engagement. 

Thanks @varunmehndiratta. You were already confirmed in convoy 1. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

I thank you all for the enthusiastic participation to Rush Hour 4. While looking at the waiting list I have had an idea that I would like to present to all drivers, the conformed signed up ones, and the waitlisted. If all, or most, agree, I will proceed as below:

I will extend the drive to 10 cars, hence confirming the following CONVOY 1:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Vaibhav, @Daniel Rodas, @varunmehndiratta, @Prakash Anoop, @topgear, @Rob S, @Alexanderrr PLUS @KAMALIO and @Chinthaka Ruwan

I will open up the drive to the next 10 waitlisted drivers, hence creating a new CONVOY 2:

@Naim Aoun, @Ashok chaturvedi, @munkybizness, @Simon Dawood, @Shaker, @ASAD., @Waqas Parvez, @Pacific, @Anoop Nair and @Ranjan Das

Convoy 1 will:

1. meet up at Qudra's Last Exit at 2:00 PM, and will "rush" to reach Ghantoot's exit point
  2. start the drive exactly at 2:30 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 4:30 PM sharp
  4. in case the full distance between Qudra and Ghantoot has not been covered, there is a track on a sabkha available for a quick exit to Ghantoot

Convoy 2 will:

1. meet up at Ghantoot starting point at 4:30 PM, corresponding the Convoy 1's exit, and will "rush back" to Qudra's Last Exit
  2. start the drive exactly at 5:00 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 7:00 PM
  4. also, if the drive will not have reached Qudra's Last Exit, we'll take the closest exit on Bab al Shams Road

This will allow 2 convoys to drive within the "Rush Hour" format, on the Qudra to Ghantoot route and vice versa, with only me commuting back and forth. It will be a relay of sorts, with the goal of accommodating all drivers into this exciting format.

I would like to ask each of you, both confirmed and waitlisted drivers, to please acknowledge the above idea, and confirm your presence in the allocated convoy. I will proceed to open up the drive to all those who agree with the above format, hence confirming the convoys above (or part of them, if not all agree).

Thanks a lot for your prompt consideration and reply. Have a great Sunday.

@Ale Vallecchi Thanks and appreciate very much.. I am so sorry that you have to run back to back convoy for us. I am most certainly in.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

I thank you all for the enthusiastic participation to Rush Hour 4. While looking at the waiting list I have had an idea that I would like to present to all drivers, the conformed signed up ones, and the waitlisted. If all, or most, agree, I will proceed as below:

I will extend the drive to 10 cars, hence confirming the following CONVOY 1:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Vaibhav, @Daniel Rodas, @varunmehndiratta, @Prakash Anoop, @topgear, @Rob S, @Alexanderrr PLUS @KAMALIO and @Chinthaka Ruwan

I will open up the drive to the next 10 waitlisted drivers, hence creating a new CONVOY 2:

@Naim Aoun, @Ashok chaturvedi, @munkybizness, @Simon Dawood, @Shaker, @ASAD., @Waqas Parvez, @Pacific, @Anoop Nair and @Ranjan Das

Convoy 1 will:

1. meet up at Qudra's Last Exit at 2:00 PM, and will "rush" to reach Ghantoot's exit point
  2. start the drive exactly at 2:30 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 4:30 PM sharp
  4. in case the full distance between Qudra and Ghantoot has not been covered, there is a track on a sabkha available for a quick exit to Ghantoot

Convoy 2 will:

1. meet up at Ghantoot starting point at 4:30 PM, corresponding the Convoy 1's exit, and will "rush back" to Qudra's Last Exit
  2. start the drive exactly at 5:00 PM
  3. plan to end the drive at 7:00 PM
  4. also, if the drive will not have reached Qudra's Last Exit, we'll take the closest exit on Bab al Shams Road

This will allow 2 convoys to drive within the "Rush Hour" format, on the Qudra to Ghantoot route and vice versa, with only me commuting back and forth. It will be a relay of sorts, with the goal of accommodating all drivers into this exciting format.

I would like to ask each of you, both confirmed and waitlisted drivers, to please acknowledge the above idea, and confirm your presence in the allocated convoy. I will proceed to open up the drive to all those who agree with the above format, hence confirming the convoys above (or part of them, if not all agree).

Thanks a lot for your prompt consideration and reply. Have a great Sunday.

Dear @Ale Vallecchi with great disappointment i will have to withdraw my name from the drive for tomorrow, due to some family engagements  . i wish you all a  great ,fun and safe drive . i hope i will make it next time .

thanks, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

4 hours ago, Vaibhav said:

@Ale Vallecchi I want to be a part of both convey 

Hi @Vaibhav. Just checking if it would be OK for you to be accommodated in Convoy 2, the one meeting at 4:30 pm in Ghantoot, and driving to Qudra. Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Vaibhav. Just checking if it would be OK for you to be accommodated in Convoy 2, the one meeting at 4:30 pm in Ghantoot, and driving to Qudra. Thanks

@Ale VallecchiSorry But i would want Convoy 1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

as the time to confirm the revised format has expired, based on the confirmations received, I have decided the following updates to the drive's format:

1. there will be only 1 convoy, for a total of 13 cars
  2. meeting time will be 2:30PM, to depart no later (100%) by 3:00PM
  3. the meeting point will be Qudra's Last Exit, at the waiting area just past the ADNOC's gas station exit
  4. the drive plan will have a first segment of 2 hours or 60 Km driven (whichever comes first), in the direction of Ghantoot, after which the second segment, of another 2 hours or another 60 Km driven, will be taking the convoy back to Qudra from Ghantoot (for this part I have planned a slightly different track than previous ones).
  5. exit is planned at 7PM (with 15 minutes to spare before it gets dark). 

The convoy order will be the following:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie in Second Lead

@Alexanderrr at #3

@Vaibhav #4

@Prakash Anoop at #5

@Anoop Nair #6

@Rob S #7

@Ranjan Das at #8

@Daniel Rodas at #9

@Ashok chaturvedi #10

@topgear at #11

@munkybizness #12, and 

@varunmehndiratta in Sweep

Please deflate considering the heat of the first couple of hours of the afternoon. We'll communicate through Carnity Channel #3 (446.056).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow afternoon. Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for this initiative and consideration to accomodate  everyone in this drive. Unfortunately being the 2nd day of eid, i wont be able to make it due to family comitments. I wish everyone Eid Mubarak and hope to see you soon. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Ale Vallecchi changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Rush Hour 4: The Commute - Dubai - 2 May 2022

Important Information

Terms of use