•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Yahar (Sweihan Adventures) - Abu Dhabi - 8 May 2022

Srikumar

@Srikumarit was great to see you again in happier (suspension) circumstances. The old girl was really on form today and she showed the Gadgero a clean pair of heels and taught her a few lessons in light weight/high traction physics!  It's a long grind from home to the mighty Sweihanistan mountains but well worth the time and fuel for me, it's just majestic. It really is good for the soul to see the dunes sailing off into the far far distance in the early morning light... 

The sand was wind groomed and very soft, many times I had rooster tails of sand flying from both ends as the Gadge scrambled to follow the leaders path and frequently had to opt for a variation as the nose kept plowing and refusing to answer the helm :-(

Considering the high speed challenge that was laid down to the team today, everyone drove really well with few stucks and only a soft serving of refusals (I cannot imagine it was easy at number 10 with how soft it was at number 2!). @Simon Dawoodmaybe it's time to trade up to a 40 year old Jeep Cherokee? lol (jut kidding bro). Great to hear @Tom B chuckling away on the radio while the mighty Yamato booms and thunders along at the rear, shaking the earth and helping to slow the earth's rotation.

Thanks to all the NASCAR pit crew for swinging in to place and repairing my pop out in what seemed like record time, I have no excuse for blasting my tyre off other than "I was trying to follow Srikumar" lol. 

Great to catch up with some old faces like @Mus_hus78who I haven't driven with for a while and looking forward to getting back into the 'mountains' again soon!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

9 minutes ago, Warren Flay said:

@Srikumarit was great to see you again in happier (suspension) circumstances. The old girl was really on form today and she showed the Gadgero a clean pair of heels and taught her a few lessons in light weight/high traction physics!  It's a long grind from home to the mighty Sweihanistan mountains but well worth the time and fuel for me, it's just majestic. It really is good for the soul to see the dunes sailing off into the far far distance in the early morning light... 

The sand was wind groomed and very soft, many times I had rooster tails of sand flying from both ends as the Gadge scrambled to follow the leaders path and frequently had to opt for a variation as the nose kept plowing and refusing to answer the helm :-(

Considering the high speed challenge that was laid down to the team today, everyone drove really well with few stucks and only a soft serving of refusals (I cannot imagine it was easy at number 10 with how soft it was at number 2!). @Simon Dawoodmaybe it's time to trade up to a 40 year old Jeep Cherokee? lol (jut kidding bro). Great to hear @Tom B chuckling away on the radio while the mighty Yamato booms and thunders along at the rear, shaking the earth and helping to slow the earth's rotation.

Thanks to all the NASCAR pit crew for swinging in to place and repairing my pop out in what seemed like record time, I have no excuse for blasting my tyre off other than "I was trying to follow Srikumar" lol. 

Great to catch up with some old faces like @Mus_hus78who I haven't driven with for a while and looking forward to getting back into the 'mountains' again soon!

@Warren FlayWell said , except for the jeep part 🤣😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Thank you to all the drivers for a superb day in the desert. It was a long drive to reach the sand, but hey with no pain there is no gain. As mentioned in the briefing this was an area that I had in mind for the longest time, but perhaps it needed the kind of convoy that we had today to enjoy it to the fullest.

A "warm up" at Old Lady Dune did set the tone for the drive, criss crossing on top of it was indeed special as you need a strong heart to do it, and I thank everyone for putting their trust and executing it so well. 

Some of those bowls and ridge were an absolute off-roaders delight and to have them so clean without bumps was like icing on a cake.

@Warren Flay @Simon Dawood @ASAD. @Naveen Raj @ShereenMK @Gregory @Tom B @Mus_hus78@Karthikeyan Govindarajan once again thank you and look forward to seeing you on another episode of Sweihan Adventures.

P.S. @Simon Dawood I second the suggestion of Warren 😂

@Srikumari will give my Pajero another chance to correct her attitude on the long dunes . but first i will need take her to the spa 😂

• Haha (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use