•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 21 May 2022

2 minutes ago, Indra Ozola said:

Hi,

all set and ready for tomorrow. Just a question- is there any particular order for the convoy or just all lined up one after another? 
Thanks and see you tomorrow

😊

Edited by Indra Ozola
  • Like (+1) 1

@Indra Ozola the convoy order is as outlined by @Islam Soliman on page two of this thread, that is how we will line up as we move off in the morning, don't worry we will have a full briefing prior to doing anything in the morning :)

• Like (+1) 2

Congratulations @Indra Ozola @Theo09 @Anirudh Dayma @Ahmed_Elmahdy for successfully completing your first drive with Carnity.

We had a very good start of the day with nice breeze and warm welcome from the Oryxes at the deflation point followed by Ghazals checking upon us multiple times through the drive. 
You all did very well for the first drive and the short convoy also helped us practice some sidies, straight crossing, and ridge riding with no stops, stucks or refusals .. so again bravo👏👏👏

Thanks @Davie Chase for supporting the drive and well done @Ahmed_Elmahdy for handling the 2nd lead responsibility .. 

@Anirudh Dayma Pls check the car with the agency to ensure all is ok with the gear and that AT cooling circulation has no issues. It looks like latest generations of Pajero has a design flow in the transmission cooling system and sensors as there are many cases reported with the same. However normally these issues start to pop up under stress and for today we had almost none as it was an easy going drive, driving on D, you didn’t even had to switch to 4L, and sand was not that soft and it wasn’t that hot too.
Check the below link with thorough discussion on the topic and if you still suffer the same then an extra powerful fan against the AT coolant will sure help (or may be you want to go an extra step and replace the AT cooler with a bigger one).

@Ahmed_Elmahdy hope the car comes back with an easy fix.. let us know how it goes

Finally, I wish you all an amazing off-road journey, full of safe adventure, fun, and adrenaline.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope to see you all soon

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi Islam @Islam Soliman. Thank you for the trip feedback. 

Today’s trip started with a nice cool air and when we moved on the weather kept moderate with acceptable increase. That made the trip enjoyable without stresss. 

After delfating the tyres and fixing the flags, Islam has started the briefing with hight focus on security instructions. All drivers and passengers were carefully listening and that’s I can tell because Islam’s instructions were perfectly followed while driving. 

We have practiced today the basics with some short side sloping and dune riding. We only had one self recovery in a very short time due to @Davie Chasegreat contorl over the situation. 

@Anirudh Daymaand myself faced electronical and mechanical situation but thankfully everyone were safely gathered at the main road thanks to Islam and Davie. 

Thank you everyone. Was happy to drive with you and hope to see you again. 

Edited by Ahmed_Elmahdy
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hi!

Thanks everyone for today's drive! It was fun meeting you all 😊 in such a nice setting, greeted by Oryxes 😇 and driving in a place with minimal to none previous tracks seemed like a blessing - Thanks for that! 
I hope the technical issues can be solved quickly. 
And see you all on the sand! 
😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi

it’s my pleasure to have drive with Carnity.

it was nice drive with all of them.

Apologize for the Pajero but sooner I will fix it. Seems it is only 6,000Km driven. It is difficult to play with any electronics system with car otherwise habtoor will not honor any warranty claim later.

keep posted you. What they will find out in their investigation.

Mr. Islam - Fantastic coach ever.

Mr. Davie - I don’t have word but it was amazing. Every each moment he is watching us and giving good support to take care of movement to drive safe.

Ahmed - Hope car is good back to track soon.

Thanks you everyone. 
good night 

take care 

stay safe

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Islam Soliman thank you for the great drive, as always superb route and instruction/encouragement throughout.

Congratulations @Indra Ozola @Theo09 @Anirudh Dayma @Ahmed_Elmahdy for successfully completing your first drive it was an absolute pleasure to meet and drive with you all. You all drove exceptionally which of course made my job of supporting you all extremely easy. 
@Ahmed_Elmahdy great second lead and I hope you got home ok and that you car troubles are simple in nature and easy to fix so that we can see you in the sand again next week.

@Anirudh Dayma likewise on the car issues, as Islam said there seems to be an issue with the oiler cooler on the Pajero, however, I would still get it checked out and then look at a more Permanent fix. 

all in all a great start to the weekend and I really hope your first Carnity drive was an enjoyable and memorable one.

have a great rest of your weekend 

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use