•  
Advertise here

Advice Needed on Lift and Respective Rim Offset

@Mike M. no stability issues or vibrations that I have experienced till now… on road the body roll on corners is reduced… but still have to be careful on short radius turns above 80.. 

Yes, I wrote 60 instead of 65. Thanks for highlighting. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

@Mike M. no stability issues or vibrations that I have experienced till now… on road the body roll on corners is reduced… but still have to be careful on short radius turns above 80.. 

Yes, I wrote 60 instead of 65. Thanks for highlighting. 

Thanks for sharing @GauravSoni. No, you are right. The OEM of Pajero is either 265/60/18 or 265/65/17. I am planning on getting the 265/70/17. But that wont impact much cause of the lift i am getting. 

Based on @Frederic's recommendation i am guessing both offset options of +20 and Zero are good options and should not be too far from OEM specs. I guess it will depend on the looks in the Tyre shop and naturally the availability of stock. 

Thanks again guys for all the help!

Edited by Mike M.
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Semiotics – visualcommunicating

@Gaurav you made my day! This is my new favorite pic. I am already working on the White Rhino car sticker :) 

Hi Mike,

See below link to a clever calculator that shows offset changes etc related to your car

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/rim-width-range-and-measuring-rim-width-for-tire-size

I did a fair bit of research (although for Toyota Prado). below is the link to the article, some of which might be of help for you

Regarding to wheels, Almost all offroad versions from KMC / Rhino / Method appeared to come in Zero offset (again, when enquiring for Prado. Not sure if this is same for Pajero)

Hope this helps rather than hinders your decisions haha! 

PS. I am 100% sure that all cars look better with a wider track haha!! 

Edited by Rob S
  • Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Rob S for taking the time to share this content. As you have mentioned in your previous post for Prado, it’s not that straightforward as there are different opinions. I am trying to triangulate information from  multiple sources and will decide based on that. As of now, I am between 265/70/17 or 275/65/17. Still a lot of reading needs to be done :) 

Thanks again, much appreciated! 

@Warren Flay, why did your gearing ratio change if you have the OEM size of 65 R17?

reason why I’m asking is now i am between 2 options only 

1- 265/70/R17 - I believe this setup will impact my gearing ratio for the taller tyre

2- 275/65/17 this should not impact much the Speedo nor the gearing as it’s OEM specs.

what do you think? 

5 hours ago, Mike M. said:

@Warren Flay, why did your gearing ratio change if you have the OEM size of 65 R17?

reason why I’m asking is now i am between 2 options only 

1- 265/70/R17 - I believe this setup will impact my gearing ratio for the taller tyre

2- 275/65/17 this should not impact much the Speedo nor the gearing as it’s OEM specs.

what do you think? 

I have standard 18in rims. I went to 65 series tyres to gain ground clearance.

• Like (+1) 1