•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Qudra to Faqa - Dubai - 21 May 2022

M.Seidam

Dear friends 

Hello and welcome to your favorite off road club. I am inviting you guys (level appropriate) to join me in this particular quest where speed , vigilance and focus all three combined in harmony to keep the rhythm fluid and steady. prepare yourself for a long drive of about 100 Km crossing with various kinds of terrain which requires attention to maintain the momentum ( appropriate speed ) at all the time. we will drive partially in seldom driven area even for me . please make sure your vehicle is at most optimum function with fully fueled tank ( no need for extra fuel ) . known Passengers to motion sickness  are  highly recommended not to join  . be prepared for an extra one hour  buffer time . more to come so stay tuned

Information

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate level and above

When:  21 May 2022 morning , Saturday

Meeting time: 05:15  (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/DBTEMnPxiJYseGku8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:15 AM ( one Hour extra buffer ) 

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Intermediate  and above drivers. RSVP will close on Friday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar:

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Friends 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Rajiv Sam @Sunil Mathew @Daniel Yang @Joji varghese @Simon Dawood @Tom B @Werno

Thank you for the RSVP and can’t wait to see you all tomorrow morning at 05:15 or bit earlier the better so we are not later to move along the sunrise 🌅 at 05:30  please . 
the route we are taking is long so please come with full fueled tank as mentioned earlier. 
We can expect all kind of terrain along our quest which in time will be at the boarders to AD or crossing it even back and forth . The climax is intended to be at Faqa surfing along slip faces at times . 

Please get enough rest as maintaining the focus is of paramount important . Let’s have all of us a safe blast enjoying it all 😄

we will communicate on radio channel 3 

my cell in case of emergency is 0554045278 

below is the convoy order 

6593FE4E-8402-48DC-A1A3-06EB3FB92D52.jpeg.daa3d39a98ab38fa375d40a62dc43a7d.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6

@M.Seidam thank you for a great drive this morning. It was nice to explore a new area, with varied terrain. We made the most of the small convoy, covering a whopping 99 km! 

@Joji varghese cracking job as 2nd lead. Well done!

@Sunil Mathew solid support at sweep. Thanks for the support.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidamthank you for the great drive, my first intermediate drive was an remarkable experience and we experienced all terrain and we covered 100kms in 3:45mnts, great team work and thanks to @Carnity 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report 

What a great morning it was still cool and relatively less humid than usual despite the change in climate over the last few days. every one was on time except @Zixuan Huang - Charlie who apparently missed his alarm , we equally missed you my friend . By 5:25 we were deflated flagged up and briefed after which we took the track south east.

As you all have realized our journey took a course I have chosen not the usual one and in the first part we had to navigate bouncing between technical to medium and larger dunes at some time till the transmission temp red light appeared on the dashboard of @Rajiv Sam which we couldn’t find any apparent cause and probably it was due to  frequent manual shifting between gears. After a 10 min pause and spraying  cool water , it was gone forever till the end of the trip. Approaching AD boarder and looping in a triangle along the long medium dunes crossing till our first coffe break in sabkha 

image.jpeg.202759d0f92e081c574b3d5faefa7269.jpeg

Continuing fast on the track along the fenced military area and rejoining the desert where the boarders between the two emirates overlap and that was a little waw reminded me of the sand of Sweihan. No tracks except our own making. Our only pop out today let @Tom B use his jack which I really liked , thanks for the info .

After seeing the team response is coping fluid we ran on the flat till we joined the most southern part heading toward Faqa proper. 

We looped crossed side sloped  in the last one and a half hour along the soft sand in Faqa . And in this part we got few refusals and stucks including my own ones . No rope came out sparing us from visiting the gym till next week 🤣

Thank you all for coming and exploring new areas with me which I really loved it 

@Joji varghese @Simon Dawood and @Tom B as your first IM drive you did more than great all of you . Not forgetting  to mention @Joji varghese awesome and flawless second lead job always vigilant and you kept the proper distance between you and the white X 😉

@Rajiv Sam it’s always a pleasure to have in any drive level . Thanks for the pictures 

@Daniel Yang great driving and you never spare a drive with out a beautiful tripod crest which never needed a tug at least in my drives 😅 well done. 

@Sunil Mathew thank you for taking the sweep position. You drove and safe guard us in the back just like a pro 👍

drive stat and some pictures I left in gallery 

below a relive for a memory 

till we meet next week drive safe and wish you good time 

cheers 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use