•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 22 May 2022

Shaaz Sha

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive details

Level:  Intermediate and above 

When: 22 MAY 2022, SUNDAY

Meeting time: 5:30 AM Sharp (without exception)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/o9mpu25Dfqav6tTn8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

RSVP On the Calendar Event Below:

• Like (+1) 3

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 22 May 2022
42 minutes ago, Vaibhav said:

@Ranjan Daslet me know what they say. Very curious and can happen to any jeeper.

After speaking to @Ranjan Das and analyzing the symptoms I believe its due the the MAF sensor becoming dirty. He self services his air filter and probably one of the times didn't close the air box properly seated and maybe the MAF sensor got dirty. The symptom he described was when climbing uphill straight and when he floors the accelerator the engine RPM cuts down from 4500 and he loses power. MAF sensor tells the ECM how much air is being pulled into the intake manifold at what temperature and ECM sends the signal to the injectors to spray the fuel as per the data input from the MAF sensor. If the data is incorrect because the sensor is dirty the ECM cannot instruct the injectors to speed up the spray and its duration which results in loss of power. As per him, his garage said it maybe because of abnormal rise in engine coolant temperature while doing extreme climbing but he said there is not much difference showing in the temp gauge.  Also if the engine temperature shoots up like his garage said it will take some time for the fans & the radiator to cool it down to operating temperature. 

Anyways I told him to clean the MAF sensor and observe the result in this drive. 

Let us wait and see. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

After speaking to @Ranjan Das and analyzing the symptoms I believe its due the the MAF sensor becoming dirty. He self services his air filter and probably one of the times didn't close the air box properly seated and maybe the MAF sensor got dirty. The symptom he described was when climbing uphill straight and when he floors the accelerator the engine RPM cuts down from 4500 and he loses power. MAF sensor tells the ECM how much air is being pulled into the intake manifold at what temperature and ECM sends the signal to the injectors to spray the fuel as per the data input from the MAF sensor. If the data is incorrect because the sensor is dirty the ECM cannot instruct the injectors to speed up the spray and its duration which results in loss of power. As per him, his garage said it maybe because of abnormal rise in engine coolant temperature while doing extreme climbing but he said there is not much difference showing in the temp gauge.  Also if the engine temperature shoots up like his garage said it will take some time for the fans & the radiator to cool it down to operating temperature. 

Anyways I told him to clean the MAF sensor and observe the result in this drive. 

Let us wait and see. 

Also check for any hidden cracks in the rubber boot connector to the intake manifold . Check if it’s squeezable or not I mean if feels hard occult crack can be there which even after cleaning still will bring dust and sand in causing same symptom. ( personal experience)

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, M.Seidam said:

Also check for any hidden cracks in the rubber boot connector to the intake manifold . Check if it’s squeezable or not I mean if feels hard occult crack can be there which even after cleaning still will bring dust and sand in causing same symptom. ( personal experience)

Dr @M.Seidam the crack is unlikely as its a very new car. Its run only 16000km not like our Xterras which was produced a long time ago. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use