•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 22 May 2022

Shaaz Sha

Dear @Thomas Varghese old produced Vehicles are like brand new when it’s timely maintained according to schedule or even ahead which is recommended to all who practice our highly demanding hobby on weekly bases . Even in 16000km new one this can happen when you pay a weekly visit to desert . Agree with you for the on road unluckily. 
It was just a possibility one out of many 😄

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

After my Xterra was giving me problems after problems regarding check engine light I bought a professional Autel Scan tool. The Autel Maxicheck (Cost 1800 AED). Eliminated most of the problems by using the scan tool in live mode and observing the sensor values. Now the engine purrs like a cat. I was surprised to find out a new sensor which I didn't even know could stall an engine and affect its performance existed. The Power steering pressure sensor at the pump. The car can stall while idling because the sensor went bad and cannot tell the ECU to increase the RPM when you turn your steering at very slow speeds. OMG you have no idea how busy I got after acquiring this new toy. 

I need the help of @Hisham Masaad to help me acquire a bracket to permanently fix the scan tool to the dashboard like he has fixed his tab for the GPS. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

After speaking to @Ranjan Das and analyzing the symptoms I believe its due the the MAF sensor becoming dirty. He self services his air filter and probably one of the times didn't close the air box properly seated and maybe the MAF sensor got dirty. The symptom he described was when climbing uphill straight and when he floors the accelerator the engine RPM cuts down from 4500 and he loses power. MAF sensor tells the ECM how much air is being pulled into the intake manifold at what temperature and ECM sends the signal to the injectors to spray the fuel as per the data input from the MAF sensor. If the data is incorrect because the sensor is dirty the ECM cannot instruct the injectors to speed up the spray and its duration which results in loss of power. As per him, his garage said it maybe because of abnormal rise in engine coolant temperature while doing extreme climbing but he said there is not much difference showing in the temp gauge.  Also if the engine temperature shoots up like his garage said it will take some time for the fans & the radiator to cool it down to operating temperature. 

Anyways I told him to clean the MAF sensor and observe the result in this drive. 

Let us wait and see. 

In my case, after pushing my car 2 hours in the desert i will loose the capability to drive up long dunes .  

I have an obd monitor installed that allowes me to monitor the temp and other information recieved from the car ecu like The MAF and AfR , transmission temp and coolent temp.  And what i noticed is  that all the readings are not changing much during power loss episodes except the coolent temp increases from 77 to  (between  95 to 108 °c i lose power) for the gauge in the dashboard this temp is still normal.

I think you should use a Bluetooth obd and monitor the temp live.

if you are facing this issue when temp is high then you will  know where to look for a solution.

Thanks,

• Like (+1) 6

7 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

After my Xterra was giving me problems after problems regarding check engine light I bought a professional Autel Scan tool. The Autel Maxicheck (Cost 1800 AED). Eliminated most of the problems by using the scan tool in live mode and observing the sensor values. Now the engine purrs like a cat. I was surprised to find out a new sensor which I didn't even know could stall an engine and affect its performance existed. The Power steering pressure sensor at the pump. The car can stall while idling because the sensor went bad and cannot tell the ECU to increase the RPM when you turn your steering at very slow speeds. OMG you have no idea how busy I got after acquiring this new toy. 

I need the help of @Hisham Masaad to help me acquire a bracket to permanently fix the scan tool to the dashboard like he has fixed his tab for the GPS. 

@Thomas Varghese Good morning. Not sure what size and weight is your tool. If something similar to phones and tablets, you can check on line stores, which I’ve done. I could not make my self, since there are accessories made of plastic and rubber which difficult for me to make. If looking for only metal work you are welcome to visit and figure out.

• Like (+1) 5

hello guys, as of now we have the following attendees in the drive

@Vaibhav

@Ranjan Das

@Waqas Parvez

@Gilbert Khalil

@Anoop Nair

@Mohamad Anwer

@Amir Amiri

@Fabien Monleau

@Charbel

@munkybizness.

Guys plz confirm your availability for the drive. Thanks !!

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

@Vaibhav

@Ranjan Das

@Waqas Parvez

@Gilbert Khalil

@Anoop Nair

@Mohamad Anwer

@Amir Amiri

@Fabien Monleau

@Charbel

@munkybizness.

Guys plz confirm your availability for 

Hi Shaz 👋,  I will be attending brother 

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

@Vaibhav

@Ranjan Das

@Waqas Parvez

@Gilbert Khalil

@Anoop Nair

@Mohamad Anwer

@Amir Amiri

@Fabien Monleau

@Charbel

@munkybizness.

Confirmed @Shaaz Sha

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

@Vaibhav

@Ranjan Das

@Waqas Parvez

@Gilbert Khalil

@Anoop Nair

@Mohamad Anwer

@Amir Amiri

@Fabien Monleau

@Charbel

@munkybizness.

@Shaaz Sha confirmed. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

@Vaibhav

@Ranjan Das

@Waqas Parvez

@Gilbert Khalil

@Anoop Nair

@Mohamad Anwer

@Amir Amiri

@Fabien Monleau

@Charbel

@munkybizness.

@Shaaz Sha - count me in :) 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use