•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Solar Park Counter Revolution - Dubai - 17 May 2022

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above 

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/w6XttG2bUWsvavZb8

Action Plan: The Revolutions around Solar Park reappear on our drives' menu, bringing the additional challenges of an afternoon drive, and a counter clockwise direction, compared to the previous 2 editions (both AM and clockwise drives). This means that departure will be at a much warmer hour then previously, with softer sand conditions, and that we will move, at times, across the dunes' slip-faces. We'll also have to run against the clock of the setting sun, which we hope to see going down in front of us, as we reach the planned exit, at the Three Trees area. Considering the Intermediate level, we are planning a smooth, rythmic drive, with a meditative feel (as some have said of my long-range drives). 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Tuesday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

couldn't ask for a better pack of drivers to orbit Solar Park. We'll proceed from the vicinity of the "glass pyramid" through the Middle Earth, across Little Sweihan, via a couple of sabkhas and along Faqa Plateau, then northward on D66, and finally back west through Lisaili. The most challenging aspects of the drive will be the initial heat and soft sand, and the crossing of the slip-faces along D66 (Desert 66, running along E66), before reaching the final stretch at Lisaili.

Please reach as punctually as possible to start around 3:00PM, as the whole track should need at least 4 hours to cover 🍀.

We'll choose the radio channel on the spot, while the convoy will line up as follows:

@Thomas Varghese will resume his Second Lead position of many drives ago

@Fabien Monleau will be #3

@Sunil Mathew at #4

@Vaibhav will be #5

@Pacific at #6 (after a few Sweeps, back at the core of the pack)

@Gilbert Khalil at #7

@Anoop Nair at #8, and 

@Christian Andras free to Sweep.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow afternoon. Enjoy the evening.

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desrtnauts,

after a few unfortunate drop-outs, the new convoy order will be:

@Thomas Varghese Second Lead

@Fabien Monleau will be #3

@Sunil Mathew at #4

@Pacific at #5 

@Christian Andras in Sweep.

Given the size of the convoy, we can plan to switch some positions throughout the drive, to give as many members as possible the opportunity to interact with different tasks.

I will also alter the route slightly, in the attempt to cover more ground, with a short and motivated convoy.

See you later.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

An IM drive after almost a months break from offroading, I was apprehensive whether all the "muscle memory" gained could be recalled, after the gap, but seemed fine !!!

Thanks for the nice smooth flowing drive @Ale Vallecchi, we did the whole circle as planned, i hope, climbing slip faces and criss crossing our way , all along covering a 100Km with almost 28Kmph average pace... very minor refusals here and there, and the radio channel waking up mostly for "terrain prompts" from Ale, for a bump here, a bush there etc etc :-) 

Although the day proved to be slightly unlucky for @Pacific, with a pop out and a flat tyre, it was a fun drive with all of us driving at different positions every 40 min, the unconventional element of the drive from Ale 👍👍..this ensured that we dont slip into our comfort zones , staying alert to adjust to a different driver in front of you, every 40 min, varying from a high alert 2nd lead to a lazy IM sweep :-) 

Good company @Fabien Monleau - who i seem to share some commonality w.r.t our field of work - ships 😀, @Christian Andras and veteran @Thomas Varghese

Until next time 🤘🖐️

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @Sunil Mathew you covered the entire drive beautifully. Now nothing more to add from my side. As usual the drive from @Ale Vallecchi accomplished all the targets set. Had a wonderful drive. My only concern was as there was not much delays for stopping in the drive I couldn't click any pictures. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

An IM drive after almost a months break from offroading, I was apprehensive whether all the "muscle memory" gained could be recalled, after the gap, but seemed fine !!!

Thanks for the nice smooth flowing drive @Ale Vallecchi, we did the whole circle as planned, i hope, climbing slip faces and criss crossing our way , all along covering a 100Km with almost 28Kmph average pace... very minor refusals here and there, and the radio channel waking up mostly for "terrain prompts" from Ale, for a bump here, a bush there etc etc :-) 

Although the day proved to be slightly unlucky for @Pacific, with a pop out and a flat tyre, it was a fun drive with all of us driving at different positions every 40 min, the unconventional element of the drive from Ale 👍👍..this ensured that we dont slip into our comfort zones , staying alert to adjust to a different driver in front of you, every 40 min, varying from a high alert 2nd lead to a lazy IM sweep :-) 

Good company @Fabien Monleau - who i seem to share some commonality w.r.t our field of work - ships 😀, @Christian Andras and veteran @Thomas Varghese

Until next time 🤘🖐️

Well said and fully agree on every aspect. 

Just now, Pacific said:

Well said and fully agree on every aspect. 

Also good to see @Christian Andras, fellow mate of professional similarity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use