•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 21 May 2022

Brette

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardise someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  21 May 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/G4WFHd1n57xnmJ8p7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Brette,

Looking forward for the drive this coming weekend!

I had previous off-road driving experience in UAE from off-road drives with private groups. I joined Carnity on the recommendation of @Tom B and have since loved the community driving experience. Having completed two drives already as a newbie (+ the absolute newbie drive), which I really enjoyed, I have gained a good understanding of the convoy group working as well as Carnity's policies. 

• Last weekend I went on a drive with @Tom B and @Rob S. I am pretty sure they can vouch that I kept up with them 😁. Check the attached photos for the technical area part and the overall ride.

Last Monday I applied for off-road promotion (Fewbie Level). Are you able to look into that request?

I was never in a rush to move rapidly in the ranks, but having went out on few drives already, I believe I will learn more in the Fewbie level. 

Cheers,

Sam

Technical.jpg

Overall.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Sam K said:

Hi @Brette,

Looking forward for the drive this coming weekend!

I had previous off-road driving experience in UAE from off-road drives with private groups. I joined Carnity on the recommendation of @Tom B and have since loved the community driving experience. Having completed two drives already as a newbie (+ the absolute newbie drive), which I really enjoyed, I have gained a good understanding of the convoy group working as well as Carnity's policies. 

• Last weekend I went on a drive with @Tom B and @Rob S. I am pretty sure they can vouch that I kept up with them 😁. Check the attached photos for the technical area part and the overall ride.

Last Monday I applied for off-road promotion (Fewbie Level). Are you able to look into that request?

I was never in a rush to move rapidly in the ranks, but having went out on few drives already, I believe I will learn more in the Fewbie level. 

Cheers,

Sam

Technical.jpg

Overall.jpg

@Sam Kyour application for the fewbie promotion has been received by the Carnity crew and they will get back to you in a few days.. Give it till this weekend and am sure you will receive a response. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Meeting point has been updated on the drive post and calendar. New meeting point below as well. 

https://goo.gl/maps/G4WFHd1n57xnmJ8p7

For those coming to this area for the first time, there are a lot of speed cameras on the way that are set to the speed limit signs with no buffer. 

Drive RSVP is now closed and the convoy order is below.

@Sam K @Jaro Tuzinsky @Stan Hassett @Siddick Sait @P C Lim @Mike M. @takeshi sobue @Sita Sharma

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Newbie level drives. No gear = no drive. 

See you all tomorrow morning at 6:0AM sharp and we will be using radio channel 1, 446 006. 25. 

If you need to reach me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

image.png.dbaebdebf2e73d0ac24aab44ec34ce23.png

• Like (+1) 4

Despite the challenges it was a great morning ride and i have got a feeling i learnt a lot again. Thank you @Brette for your leading @Sam K for the tracks crating for me and @Stan Hassett for your backup. @P C Lim no worries, it will be better next time. @Mike M. as alway i appreciate your pajero advices and @Sita Sharma and @takeshi sobue both your are a professional drivers.  @Siddick Sait fix you car so you can join this amazing activity soon. Gents, have a great weekend and see you next time.

68BF48CE-3C2B-4CF4-BCAC-22444CA1604F.jpeg

869781BB-DB1B-470D-859E-20B19674FE86.jpeg

81199D4C-C5A4-4FA2-99D1-50EF601D5DC6.jpeg

620CCEE3-B8F7-4683-BDB9-BC4041B1AD36.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use