•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Let's explore the Long range dunes : Qudra to Ghantoot - Dubai - 22 May 2022

Dear Sand Sailors

Find below the details of the drive and convoy list for tomo, looking forward to see you all there. We will be using channel 1. My mobile number is 050 4430 882, in case of any issues, please feel free to contact.

Meeting time : 5:00am, as shared plan is to start to move latest by 5:30am (without any exception). So, as soon as you reach kindly deflate and flag up, without loosing any time. 

Expected End Time : 9am

Meeting Point : Next to Spicy Village, Qudra  https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fcb5A5FkxFUGS95Y8

Convoy Order

Lead Varun JL Grey ADV
SL Hisham FJC Black EXP
3 Quresh Pajero Pajero White FB
4 Sudhanva Sonawane Montero FB
5 Reggie Wrangler 2DR Green FB+
6 Paolo Rubicon FB
7 Mahmoud Taha Xterra FB
Centre Davie Chase Rubicon Red Support
9 Pieter Wrangeler Sport  FB
10 Tareq Al Turq Prado FB
11 Gregory Pajero  LWB FB+
12 Rian Wrangeler LWB Silver FB
13 Deepak Rubicon Grey FB
Sweep Warran Flay Pajero SWB 3.8 Gold INT

@Hisham Masaad @Quresh Pajero @Sudhanva Sonawane @Reggie Landicho @Paolo Morresi @Davie Chase @Warren Flay@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler@Mahmoud Taha @Pieter Potgieter @Tareq Al Turq @Gregory @RiaanJH

Dears @Amr Aydin and @salah2u - sorry couldn't accomodate you this time. Hopefully will see you in next drive. 

Thanks

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Paolo Morresi said:

My apologies guys for the short notice butI need to cancel tomorrows ride.

Oh that's sad @Paolo Morresi no worries will catch up sometime soon .

@Amr Aydin perhaps too late for you to plan, let me know if you are interested.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @varunmehndiratta , Great drive, kept us active all times😎

@Hisham Masaad & @Davie Chase Good to see you again! You had a busy day today;) @Warren Flay thanks for sweeping us. 

Have a good week ahead folks and see ya all again in sands 😎

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Oh that's sad @Paolo Morresi no worries will catch up sometime soon .

@Amr Aydin perhaps too late for you to plan, let me know if you are interested.

Thank you for reaching out  @varunmehndiratta, wish it was a bit earlier to plan for it :)

hope you guys had a good and enjoyed the drive 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@varunmehndiratta thank you for being our lead and organising a great drive today. You took us through nice set of long range dunes and technical areas which was fun!

@Hisham Masaad thank you for being our second lead and for sharing key tips.

@Davie Chasethanks for your support during stucks and refusals and @Warren Flayfor keeping watch on the convoy.

Thank you all for everyone for joining. It was nice to meet you all.

Will upload some pictures to the gallery.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks a lot for joining in for my first full lead drive and making it a memorable event. We couldn't reach the planned destination, however i enjoyed every bit of it and hope was the case for you all as well. In patches we were fast and at some instances a bit furious, overall thanks to your company it was 3.5 hours of pure fun. 

We started the drive at 5:34am and within first 30min crusing through the long range dunes in Qudra, we covered 15Km at 31Km/hr and just when I was about to pat my own back, @Quresh Pajero announced our first stuck of the day.  After that it was @Davie Chase and his rope time as we covered only 5-6Km in next 30 min - sorting one stuck after another.  @Sudhanva Sonawane found the crest on a bumpy ridge so comfortable that we had to literally tug him out and  @Pieter Potgieter accomplished an amazing feat - getting a deflated Wrangler stuck on a flattest of patch 🙂, followed by another stuck by Quresh. 

In order to cover up the time i decided to move to Sabka and take a short route through a small patch of close knit dunes to reach Crescent Lake (was really a small patch I counted it was just like 9-10 dunes 😂). At that moment @Mahmoud Taha realized that while running late for the drive he had missed out on his Yoga poses, so he tried it with the car itself in a pocket🙂

After @Hisham Masaad winched him out crossing through the crescent lake we explored a few more ridges, handled a few more stucks, criss crossed through some dune and then as it was almost time we exited next to Solar Park. Overall we covered 48Km at an average moving speed of 25Km/Hr, really good for a FB drive especially since sand is getting soft due to heat and at the end visibility in white sand was making it tricky to criss cross or be on ridge.

@RiaanJH @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Tareq Al Turq@Gregory i had no visual on you however based on radio and fact Deepak still had more than half the tank of fuel i believe you all had perfect drives 🙂👍

Thanks @Hisham Masaad for all the guidance, thanks @Davie Chase for all the hard work was a busy day for you and thanks @Warren Flay for keeping the convoy togather. 

Hope to see you all sometime soon. Thanks again for a nice morning in desert. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Wonderful drive @varunmehndirattathank you for arranging it. Enjoyed and I am sure all participants enjoyed it was well. Thank you @Warren Flay for sweeping us, and @Davie Chase for being good support, where was available in all the cases to help and assist. Glad to meet you @Quresh Pajero @Pieter Potgieter for the first time, amazing performance. @Sudhanva Sonawane @Mahmoud Taha @RiaanJH @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Tareq Al Turq @Gregory nice to see you again.

Look forward to see you again in sand

Nice weekend ahead

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use