•  
Advertise here

Hydraulic oil for Jack

Forgot once to close tight the screw after use of jack,just to find hydraulic fluid was lost,making jack not useful. 

DIY, Google for hydraulic fluid, opened the Jack at home and the fluid chamber with vegetable oil. It works,  last I used when  someone pop out. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good point, i ran into the same issue somewhere last year and only had some brake fluid lying around. Tried that and it worked fine as well. 

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Sunil Mathew can you also tell where one might get these hydaulic oils? I don't think you guys buy in the qautities we are looking at.

My Jack too has gone kaput and needs to be filled. There are Jack oils available but couldn't find anything that's on Amazon Prime.

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Never thought about where to buy from 🙂... Ras Al Khor - lub shops could be  a good place to start with..or your regular car workshop guy can give you some,  because they have trolley jacks too...so they must be  refilling and servicing them..

or go by suggestions from @Frederic and @Pacific - brake fluid.?

I found this , during a general search

https://www.amazon.ae/SILVERHOOK-SHRJ1-Silverhook-Hydraulic-Oil/dp/B00AYF83QY/ref=asc_df_B00AYF83QY/?tag=googleshopp09-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=406701849751&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7813583968020702977&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1000013&hvtargid=pla-524089794881&psc=1

something similar should do

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Looper said:

@Sunil Mathew can you also tell where one might get these hydaulic oils? I don't think you guys buy in the qautities we are looking at.

My Jack too has gone kaput and needs to be filled. There are Jack oils available but couldn't find anything that's on Amazon Prime.

Use veg oil, its  working 

• Haha (+1) 1