•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisali to Qudra - Dubai - 29 May 2022

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie and Above 

When: 29th May 2022 Sunday

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: Lisali Camel Track https://maps.app.goo.gl/kb5gyoBAzyL4NPSB8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisali to Qudra - Dubai - 29 May 2022

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. Lisali is known as the first love of those who enjoy technical areas. However, there's another side of Lisalli - much less explored and hence much less travelled - its the beautiful long range dunes that extend beyond Muraquab in North to Qudra in South and much ahead.

Our plan for the drive is to explore this terrain - criss-crossing through some awesome dunes and riding some of the most beautiful ridges Dubai has to offer. The fact that King of Shuwaib and Badayer @Shaz Shah has decided to join with us is a good reflection of what this terrain offers..:)  Thanks @Shaz Shah

We will meet at 5am and based on how it goes will decide our end point close to 9am. 

Looking forward to see you all on sunday.

@Paolo Pellegrini @FiNaR @Jona @Paolo Morresi @Naim Aoun @Quresh Pajero @Warren Flay @sri ganesh

On WL we have @Beide Worku and @salah2u.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Dear Sand Sailors

Hope you all are having a nice week and are looking forward for the weekend ahead. 

@Beide Worku@salah2u you have been added to the drive. Please confirm your availability for the same.

All others who were already added to the drive please ensure that in case of any change in plans do update the RSVP by end of the day today. 

@Paolo Morresi @Paolo PellegriniPellegrini @FiNaR @Jona @Naim Aoun @Quresh Pajero @sri ganesh @Warren Flay

Looking forward to see you all. Cheers

• Like (+1) 4

Dear Sand Sailors

Wow, what a convoy it's shaping up to be. It's a small convoy with Big vehicles- we have it all from F150 to Y62, LWB Jeeps to Pajeros and ofcourse the ever reliable Fj. And to top it all an equally diverse experience level - this is going to be fun 🙂🙂

This convoy size and overall diversity offers us a lot to play around - both in terms of what we can cover en-route as well as how we can play around with convoy order. 

So my plan is to have a dynamic, flexible concept drive. We will start off with order as below and based on how things go will shuffle around things to see how we can maximize experience for us all. 

Meeting Time - 5am sharp without any exception. 

We will be using Channel 2 on radio. My mobile number is 050 4430 882. In case reqd feel free to contact. 

Convoy Order 

Varun Mehndiratta in Grey LWB Wrangler in lead..

Followed by @Warren Flay in his Golden Pajero as SL (last time you were Sweep so let's start off with something diff this time). 

@FiNaR in his F150 kicking off his first FB drive at number 3. 

@sri ganesh in his Pajero at number 4. 

Then at number 5 comes the big news of drive -  due to some car issue unfortunately @Shaaz Sha won't be able to join however we have @GauravSoni - the master of theme based drives. He in his LWB Pajero will be keeping the convoy strong in the Centre position..

Number 6 will be the @Jona in FJC. 

@salah2u in Patrol at number 7 

And @Naim Aoun at number 8 sweeping the convoy in Jeep Wrangler. 

Looking forward to see you all at starting point. Please ensure you and your ride are well rested and fully loaded with fuel. 🙂

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@varunmehndiratta

good morning, unfortunately I got flat tyre I am seeing while ready to set off, to replace it will take time. And I won’t have a spare wheel during drive.

therefore with deepest regret I have to pull out.

see you next time.

regards,

• Sad (0) 1

And just like that, 12 became 5... Thanks @varunmehndiratta for another grand plan that sadly became a short hop. Let's hope next attempt is a flying success 😂 Cheers to @Gaurav Soni for pitching in and adding some gravitas to our little convoy, you certainly earned your pay today!

All in all, today was a learning experience and I'm sure we all had fun whether it was tugging or being tugged... certainly for me, I learned just how soft and powdery that tricky old desert can be when it suits! You can never relax and take traction for granted lol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Small but efficient convoy. It was fun and expertly led by @varunmehndiratta , yes we had many refusals but it was a good learning experience in "tugging"...  Otherwise great technical terrain and lots of ridge riding made it a fun and at times challenging ride. Looking fwd to joining you again. 

Thanks, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use