•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan Adevntures - Abu Dhabi - 29 May 2022

Srikumar

It's become a habit for me to get up in the middle of the night and start driving from home, but I have no regrets. On the drive, I met a few new folks from Abu Dhabi, and it was a pleasure driving with you all @Josh T.@Xavier Treasurer@Salim Akhtar@Vanessa8580 was anxious about how we would get the car out when it broke down due to a malfunction in the airlifter, but her car reflected Vansesa's attitude of never giving up and made it to the first section of the road.

@Srikumar I was looking forward to driving with you in @Carnity and you did not disappoint, I was discussing the drive with @Vaibhav and @munkybiznesswhat we could expect with the terrain, the terrain had beautiful big bowls and high speed crest crossings with virgin track, for a desert enthusiast it was heaven, @Srikumar you deserve a round of applause for finding the tracks for us and making sure we were all safe and enjoyed it thoroughly

I'd want to relate my first popout incident; generally, I'm very careful with my steering input and never resist gravity, So I was following @Vaibhav and he missed the track of the car in front of him and took a different route that was challenging which we as intermediate drives expect to handle,  so basically it was a side slop crossing and I missed to accelerate instantly and slid down into a ditch. I had two options: save my front bumper or steer aggressively to avoid hitting the front on impact. If I could go back in time and tell myself what I could have done differently, I would tell myself to listen to the sound of the car in front of me to hear the engine roaring and realize that I needed to step on it, overall it was a good learning experience and will be more vigilant in future, the cherry has been broken of the tyre and rim, as @munkybizness said, and I am now a member of the popout club 😃

Thank you @Looperand @munkybiznessfor your support @Ranjan Das @Mohamad Anwer It's always a pleasure to drive with you guys; we have a lot of fun conversing and watching you drive.

I look forward to driving with you all in the future till we meet again in the desert.

Edited by Waqas Parvez
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

10 minutes ago, Waqas Parvez said:

It's become a habit for me to get up in the middle of the night and start driving from home, but I have no regrets. On the drive, I met a few new folks from Abu Dhabi, and it was a pleasure driving with you all @Josh T.@Xavier Treasurer@Salim Akhtar@Vanessa8580 was anxious about how we would get the car out when it broke down due to a malfunction in the airlifter, but her car reflected Vansesa's attitude of never giving up and made it to the first section of the road.

@Srikumar I was looking forward to driving with you in @Carnity and you did not disappoint, I was discussing the drive with @Vaibhav and @munkybiznesswhat we could expect with the terrain, the terrain had beautiful big bowls and high speed crest crossings with virgin track, for a desert enthusiast it was heaven you deserve a round of applause for finding the tracks for us and making sure we were all safe and enjoyed it thoroughly

I'd want to relate my first popout incident; generally, I'm very careful with my steering input and never resist gravity, So I was following @Vaibhav and he missed the track of the car in front of him and took a different route that was challenging which we as intermediate drives expect to handle,  so basically it was a side slop crossing and I missed to accelerate instantly and slid down into a ditch. I had two options: save my front bumper or steer aggressively to avoid hitting the front on impact. If I could go back in time and tell myself what I could have done differently, I would tell myself to listen to the sound of the car in front of me to hear the engine roaring and realize that I needed to step on it, overall it was a good learning experience and will be more vigilant in future, the cherry has been broken of the tyre and rim, as @munkybizness said, and I am now a member of the popout club 😃

Thank you @Looperand @munkybiznessfor your support @Ranjan Das @Mohamad Anwer It's always a pleasure to drive with you guys; we have a lot of fun conversing and watching you drive.

I look forward to driving with you all in the future till we meet again in the desert.

👏👌👍🙂we always love hearing you Lexus lion roar bro 

20220529_083842.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Salim Akhtar said:

Thanks @Looper for your encouraging words. Being only Fewbie+ Guy in convoy and that too with very first drive after promotion, kept my heart beat faster as how to keep pace with the convoy and not let much refusals/stucks. Thankfully with all support from all of member, hopefully it ended much better 😊

@Salim Akhtar you were a true superstar on Sunday to manage your car and the drive so well. Bravo!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

7 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@Salim Akhtar you were a true superstar on Sunday to manage your car and the drive so well. Bravo!! 

Thank you @Srikumarits was the best and most exciting drive so far with @Carnity with faster pace, many bigger dunes and all intermediate & above team member. It was worth coming at location mid night and sleeping in my car there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use