•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 29 May 2022

Thank you @Hisham Masaadfor yesterday’s drive. Lots of fun! This was my 2nd IM drive and loving the pace so far of the IM drives. 

@Simon Dawood great job as 2L and thanks to @JeromeFJ for providing solid support in sweep position and fixing my pop out in record time! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Hisham Masaad for the great drive yesterday !

Two intense sets of steep climbs, sharp crests, narrow bowls and high ridges. Everything needed to get our shot of adrenaline and high sensations :) you managed to find an exciting route coping with the existing tracks and the other convoys in the area.

The convoy was awake in no time to follow your tracks, and it was a pleasure to watch from the back, with the front cars already a few dunes away.  The level was there as expected, and newcomers to the IM level @Simon Dawood @Fabien Monleau @Rob S @Tom B showed that they fully deserved their promotion.   From what I could see, excellent 2nd Lead from @Simon Dawood. We had a few situations in the middle of the convoy with some cars stuck in a narrow bowl or with a steep angle, all of it was sorted with the support of @Davie Chase @Lawrence_Chehimi @Rob S , and the self recovery skills of the drivers, and a great team spirit from all.

@Tom B you may have sand in your tire as we had to take your car down from the dune after the pop-out. It is a good precaution to have it checked if your experience vibrations while driving.

Excellent week to all !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It's another early morning in Badayer, I always like to go to Badayer, not only it being the nearest desert drive destination from home, but also because of thrills from continuous climbing, and the iftar-super bowls. Thank you @Hisham Masaad for bringing us back again and leading the drive.

Driving IM after a month gap in sand indeed caused some trouble, struggling to climb in narrow terrains, lack of momentum on other climbings too. But great to see that@Chris Wing   behind me who did not get affected at all!

I actually noted that the steering boot was cut and leaking some liquid when everyone was helping the pop out, by then the steering was all good, and thought not to announce it as the drive is ending anyways. until I got stuck at the soft slop where a lot of steering was required in sand. It should be an easy fix. and I shall be ready for this week's IM inshalla :D

@JeromeFJNow I recall that I didnt respond verbally to your instruction during self recovery, but I did follow your instruction in actions ( steering left right but more to right, try to reverse). Apologies for not responding verbally, will avoid next time.

Everyone drove very well, as Hisham mentioned we did have a strong convey.

See you all next time somewhere in the sandy pit!

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Another amazing drive! Thanks to @Hisham Masaad , the master of badayer:) 

Always a pleasure driving with all of you and thanks to @JeromeFJ for helping us throughout the drive and tricky situations. 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie hope you get everything fixed for next weekend! Honestly i didn’t notice that you were struggling that much:) you drive very smoothly.

@Rob S i believe that was your first IM and you didn’t have any trouble at all:) well done

@Davie Chase sad that we won’t see you for some time but looking forward to our next drive soon.

@Simon Dawood excellent 2nd lead👍🏼

• Like (+1) 5

As Always, you cannot be disappointed when driving with @Hisham Masaad especially in Badayer!!.

the drive was a bit more challenging than usual  as the sand was much softer . but nonetheless, we had an exceptionally capable convoy that drove amazingly well with confidence. 

by the way, It was a bit intermediating for me driving with such good drivers 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Charbel @Fabien Monleau @Rob S @Tom B @Amir Amiri @Chris Wing  

@Lawrence_Chehimi especially I was the Only PAJERO in the convoy  😂🤣  

thanks @JeromeFJ for the support and sweep . its always a pleasure driving with you. 

see you all soon in the sand 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thanks @Hisham Masaadfor organizing the drive. It was really fun, my passenger was also amazed by the area and the style of driving.

looking forward for more drives together.

Thanks @JeromeFJfor the support, it was good seeing you again.

Guys, you all drove pretty well.

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Charbel @Fabien Monleau @Rob S @Tom B @Amir Amiri @Chris Wing   @JeromeFJ @Simon Dawood

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use