•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Faqa - Criss Cross Country (CCC) - Part 2 - Dubai - 28 May 2022

GauravSoni

Dear all Desert Surfers,

It was a pleasure to meet all of you today at Faqaa for the drive under @GauravSoni's lead. We started at 5.30 to exit at 9.30. Absolute stunner of a drive as expected from @GauravSoni. Its good to see a lead climbing on top of dunes and directing the convoy through difficult patches. Also not shying of taking out a shovel if its required and enough. So many times when I thought Gaurav would resort to using a rope he stubbornly insisted the old fashion way of shoveling. Reminded me of my early days in Carnity when Marshals like @Ale Vallecchi, @Wrangeld, @Chaitanya D, @Foxtrot Oscar, @Gaurav, @Rahimdad, @Frederic, @Vanessa8580 will climb up on the dunes and direct the convoy and shovel out a stuck. Thank you Gauravsoni for the traditional way. I can see you are on the track to be called Professor Gaurav with these actions and proper briefing with a toy car on how to criss cross, climb straight up, slide slope, ridge ride which are the essential skills demanded of an off roader. 

The track was good, bit bumpy but thats how offroading tracks are. Anyone shouldn't be expecting a smooth highway like the Sheikh Zayed Road in the middle of the desert. Sand was smooth and soft without any cross tracks. We achieved our target in time shows the quality of the convoy. Special thanks to Goutham @Looper, Gokul @Gok Krish & Prashanth @Pacific for the level headed and cool support extended whenever needed. 

Special commendations to @Tareq Al Turq for driving well in his 1st Fewbie Plus drive and to @Imteeaz, @salah2u, @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler, @Senthil Kumar, @Prakash Anoop, @KAMALIO, @ASAD. for joining the drive, driving well and exiting together at Solar Park. It was fun driving with you all and nice knowing some new faces, 

SEE YOU ALL SOON WROOMING IN THE SANDS. 

Will post some pictures in the gallery soon. 

• Like (+1) 7

Important Information

Terms of use