•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 5 June 22

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie and Above 

When: 5th June 2022 Sunday

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/WbWFK5iwurzey1dF8

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 5 June 22

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks all for RSVPing for the drive. Slots went in quite fast so i am sure you are all looking forward for adrenaline pumping experience that Faqa has to offer. 

Plan for this drive is simple - we have an entry point and from thereon we will try to climb every high dune that comes our way and ride every nice ridge that we will see. I have no fixed exit.point in mind, we will exit close to where we will be around 9am. And that's the beauty of Faqa we can exit at all four sides of the area.

Key is to make the engines roar and try to expand our experience with our ships - and we have some really powerful ones in the convoy this time 

Just to share Desert Champion and someone who truly needs no introduction at Carnity, Richard @Wrangeld will be joining us for the drive. So let's get our ships ready to explore Faqa. 

@Paolo Morresi @Paolo Pellegrini @Sergio Big Dawg @Federico Galbieri @FiNaR @FiNaR @Beide Worku @topgear @Mahmoud Taha @Ashok chaturvedi you all are added to the drive. In case of any change of plans,   please share it well in time as we have 4 sailors in WL for their first drives of the week. 

Wait listed  @Sam K

@Yogesh Chaudhary

@Pieter Potgieter

@Daniel Rodas

Looking forward to see you all on Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Great to have dear Richard back, I once recall he was behind me on a drive ( as a convoy driver) and I  was superlative nervous to have a Marshal behind me.  Near-half way of the drive he had to exit as his car was having some engine problem and I then could totally relax.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

@varunmehndiratta looking forward to supporting your drive. Faqa has some great challenges from high dunes and ridges to sweeping dunes with exciting bowls. 

@Ashok chaturvedi I will do my best to ensure that you are relaxed, but this time without breaking my car. I am pleased that such an experienced driver is joining the drive - so those with less experience can follow your line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

HI @Yogesh Chaudhary kindly note that this Drive is only for FB and above level. I noticed that you are still at NB level, so i will have to remove your RSVP for this drive. 

In case you are planning to apply for promotion to FB level, you can find the details - criteria, link to apply for promotion in the forum below. Once your request is approved, you will be eligible for FB drives. All the best, looking forward to drive with you sometime soon. In case of any queries, feel free to let us know. Cheers.  

1 minute ago, varunmehndiratta said:

HI @Yogesh Chaudhary kindly note that this Drive is only for FB and above level. I noticed that you are still at NB level, so i will have to remove your RSVP for this drive. 

In case you are planning to apply for promotion to FB level, you can find the details - criteria, link to apply for promotion in the forum below. Once your request is approved, you will be eligible for FB drives. All the best, looking forward to drive with you sometime soon. In case of any queries, feel free to let us know. Cheers.  

Hi @Yogesh Chaudhary In case you are interested, there's a NB drive at same time on Sunday and i see some slots are still available.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Great to have dear Richard back, I once recall he was behind me on a drive ( as a convoy driver) and I  was superlative nervous to have a Marshal behind me.  Near-half way of the drive he had to exit as his car was having some engine problem and I then could totally relax.  

Point noted... Now i know how to set the convoy order.👻👻👻👹👹👹

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/31/2022 at 9:47 AM, Ashok chaturvedi said:

If I recall that was a drive with @Lorenzo Candelpergher where I managed to snap the stabilizer arm on the Jeep so I was at a severe disadvantage during the drive!

Let's hope for a less eventful drive this week - I cannot afford to both repair the car and pay for the petrol to run it!

Apart from the ludicrous start time, looking forward to the drive!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

If I recall that was a drive with @Lorenzo Candelpergher where I managed to snap the stabilizer arm on the Jeep so I was at a severe disadvantage during the drive!

Let's hope for a less eventful drive this week - I cannot afford to both repair the car and pay for the petrol to run it!

Apart from the ludicrous start time, looking forward to the drive!

True and I was driving behind you....jumping from one ridge to another .. 

If this price increase continues like this..I am switching to Desert Bike, 35 inches on a Trek bike. 😂😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Quite true sir it was the drive @Wrangeld @Lorenzo Candelpergher I am sure it will be another great drive coming Sunday.. Have been missing your presense. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use