•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 5 June 22

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining for the drive. It was a pleasant outing in sand  - what happened once we got back to materialistic world of traffic rules is another story.

It was a nice terrain with pleasant breeze to support us and some awesome wildlife to cheer us as our ships sailed through beautiful dunes of Faqa. The whole convoy did awesomely well and handled all the challenges very nicely.  I started off with a plan to do some side slopes, explore some criss-crossing and hopefully have fun at a good pace. However, the way convoy responded enticed me continue taking it notch higher through the drive and we were all overall the place - crossing through some sharp edged high dunes, ridge riding through the awesome dunes Faqa had to offer and trying some nice climbs. 

Overall we travelled around 75Km at an exhilarating average moving speed of 27.5Km.  Ofcourse the long sabka to exit where we literally cruised through at >70kmph helped, However, this is a really an amazing feat for a FB convoy with some very new FB in it,  

image.png.775dccfbdaf4f70ce347c032a84d2706.png

@Jona - Thanks for your support as SL. You were truly awesome. Everytime i looked in my rear view mirror the confidently moving FJ assured me that we still have possibility to take it further a notch higher :)

@Sam K  was a perfect first FB outing for you. The way you handled your FJ surely reflected well your past experience. 

@Sergio Big Dawg A few more drives like these and you will be rocking on the ridge with your Safari :) 

@Paolo Pellegrini  Apart from couple of refusals and that crest at the end of the drive you were really good with your Pajero. Overheating on a Pajero is like a bio break on a drive - its going to happen every once in a while..:) 

@Federico Galbieri  believe the only time you struggled was during ridge ride. Give it some more till then just make sure - " No counter steering and no forcing FJ through the ridge" 

@Pieter Potgieter   Fortunately no flat soft patches this time :) Very nicely done. 

@Mahmoud Taha you were awesome throughout and literally sailed through those ridges and crossing. Just go a bit easy on the gas while on the ridge. 

@Beide Worku Nicely done, looking forward to see your F150 roar sometime soon again. 

Thanks @Wrangeld for squeezing out time out of your busy schedule at work these days. Meant a lot to me personally.

Thanks @Ashok chaturvedi for your awesome support throughout. 

Thanks all for a fun outing, looking forward to see you all sometime soon. 

Cheers. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

23 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for joining for the drive. It was a pleasant outing in sand  - what happened once we got back to materialistic world of traffic rules is another story.

It was a nice terrain with pleasant breeze to support us and some awesome wildlife to cheer us as our ships sailed through beautiful dunes of Faqa. The whole convoy did awesomely well and handled all the challenges very nicely.  I started off with a plan to do some side slopes, explore some criss-crossing and hopefully have fun at a good pace. However, the way convoy responded enticed me continue taking it notch higher through the drive and we were all overall the place - crossing through some sharp edged high dunes, ridge riding through the awesome dunes Faqa had to offer and trying some nice climbs. 

Overall we travelled around 75Km at an exhilarating average moving speed of 27.5Km.  Ofcourse the long sabka to exit where we literally cruised through at >70kmph helped, However, this is a really an amazing feat for a FB convoy with some very new FB in it,  

image.png.775dccfbdaf4f70ce347c032a84d2706.png

@Jona - Thanks for your support as SL. You were truly awesome. Everytime i looked in my rear view mirror the confidently moving FJ assured me that we still have possibility to take it further a notch higher :)

@Sam K  was a perfect first FB outing for you. The way you handled your FJ surely reflected well your past experience. 

@Sergio Big Dawg A few more drives like these and you will be rocking on the ridge with your Safari :) 

@Paolo Pellegrini  Apart from couple of refusals and that crest at the end of the drive you were really good with your Pajero. Overheating on a Pajero is like a bio break on a drive - its going to happen every once in a while..:) 

@Federico Galbieri  believe the only time you struggled was during ridge ride. Give it some more till then just make sure - " No counter steering and no forcing FJ through the ridge" 

@Pieter Potgieter   Fortunately no flat soft patches this time :) Very nicely done. 

@Mahmoud Taha you were awesome throughout and literally sailed through those ridges and crossing. Just go a bit easy on the gas while on the ridge. 

@Beide Worku Nicely done, looking forward to see your F150 roar sometime soon again. 

Thanks @Wrangeld for squeezing out time out of your busy schedule at work these days. Meant a lot to me personally.

Thanks @Ashok chaturvedi for your awesome support throughout. 

Thanks all for a fun outing, looking forward to see you all sometime soon. 

Cheers. 

Thanks @varunmehndiratta not only for a good lead but for being a good coach taking the time to explain the technical as well as essential etiquettes. Thanks @Wrangeld and @ashok for your watchful eye over the flock. Good week everyone and see you soon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Sergio Big Dawg said:

I got 4! Anybody dares to beat me?

I don’t know if this is a competition worth having but, thanks to this conversation, I just learned that I had contributed to the AD economy a cool sum of 3k over a span of 2 days in Feb. Who’s your Abu Dhaddy now? 🤣

I’d say there should be an amendment to the golden visa rule. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Beide Worku said:

I don’t know if this is a competition worth having but, thanks to this conversation, I just learned that I had contributed to the AD economy a cool sum of 3k over a span of 2 days in Feb. Who’s your Abu Dhaddy now? 🤣

One of the reasons I do so few drives in AD is that almost every time that I drive there I also find myself contributing more than expected to the AD economy. So, finding that we ended up deep into AD territory (... I thought we were headed for Solar Park, by the way!) I made sure to remain carefully 2kph below the stated limit.

I guess this is the (literal) price we pay for the opportunity to drive in the beautiful dunes AD has to offer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

One of the reasons I do so few drives in AD is that almost every time that I drive there I also find myself contributing more than expected to the AD economy. So, finding that we ended up deep into AD territory (... I thought we were headed for Solar Park, by the way!) I made sure to remain carefully 2kph below the stated limit.

I guess this is the (literal) price we pay for the opportunity to drive in the beautiful dunes AD has to offer. 

I made my contribution last week after @Ale Vallecchi's drive. We got to support Abu Dhabi for providing us roads in such remote areas. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Hahaha..yeah believe you missed the transmission when I said that i don't want to get into tech at 8:45am so had to change the plan to hit solar park 😂

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2

To be honest I was also thinking we were ending up to the solar panel, glad to hear I am not the only one… however, I think from now on I’ll try to get the habit to double check by myself in which emirate we end up the drive.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Beide Worku said:

That is terrible...what a bad luck. I escaped however. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use