•  
Advertise here

2018 Prado V6 4L vs 2019 Nissan Patrol V6 4L

No idea why there is a v6 Y62, that consumes fuel as much as the V8 version, might be more efficient in traffic but nothing more. It is way underpowered.

If fuel consumption is the reason you are looking for a V6 Y62, then this is the worst decision. However if you are on budget and looking for something spacious then yes.

Don’t expect any adult to sit in the third row seat of a Prado. So If you don’t really need the space then definitely the Prado.

If you say V8 Y62 then that’s a different story.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

If you say V8 Y62 then that’s a different story.

Power-wise yes, but bumpers and challenges to make them off-road worthy remain the same. Correct?

To top it up Nissan added a radar just under the bumper, making it a strict no-go off-road vehicle without serious body modification and protection.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Power-wise yes, but bumpers and challenges to make them off-road worthy remain the same. Correct?

To top it up Nissan added a radar just under the bumper, making it a strict no-go off-road vehicle without serious body modification and protection.

Yeah definitely, The Y62 is a big car, mechanically its highly capable for any type of offroading, but they made it more of a city sports car with low hanging bumpers. Trim them and you will be fine.

The service of the Y62 isn’t cheap at all as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you for all the amazing feedback! I think it clear the Nissan is out of the picture... Still like the idea of a rear diff... so will need to consider this. 

Maybe look for a 2nd hand fortuner which has a rear diff. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Theo09 said:

Thank you for all the amazing feedback! I think it clear the Nissan is out of the picture... Still like the idea of a rear diff... so will need to consider this. 

Or If you not fancy much space. then FJ cruiser. 

Btw you can install aftermarket rear lockers to prado.  

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

20 hours ago, Rob S said:

Only on a jeep forum @Zixuan Huang - Charlie

Tagging @Lawrence_Chehimi and @KKIRAN who can offer some experience of the Y62

@Rob Shmmmm. Looking forward for a drive with the Prado boys! lets see .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Theo09 said:

I was wondering , as a fortuner owner, why isnt a 4.0 V6 Fortuner  not on your radar screen ?

I am also looking to change my car to something cheaper and reliable , and fortuner 4.0V6 is still on my list 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Theo09 said:

Having a diff lock is nice, but not very necessary when driving in convoys. Keep in mind you can always add an aftermarket front and rear diff locks (pneumatic or electric) and btw they make your diff more robust and they do actually work when you need them unlike the factory ones!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

What opinion would you guys share if the the 2018 Toyota Fortuner V6 4L came into the picture vs The Prado? The maintenance is cheaper for sure and it has a rear diff ( :) )... looks like it has less hp but also lighter than the Prado.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Theo09 said:

What opinion would you guys share if the the 2018 Toyota Fortuner V6 4L came into the picture vs The Prado? The maintenance is cheaper for sure and it has a rear diff ( :) )... looks like it has less hp but also lighter than the Prado.  

4.0 Liter Fortuner could be a very good option offering a good balance for road and off-road needs.

Except for the slightly excessive front bumper overhang in Fortuner, I don't find any flaw. If that becomes the bottleneck for your future off-road needs, you can lift or replace it with an off-road bumper.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.