•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan to Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 5 Jun 2022

Mehmet Volga

It is always easier and more fun with small convoys normally but needed min 3 cars. As you both confirmed, we are still in the game @Salim Akhtar @VipinShetty 👍 

Just check if everything is alright with your cars until tomorrow morning 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

It is always easier and more fun with small convoys normally but needed min 3 cars. As you both confirmed, we are still in the game @Salim Akhtar @VipinShetty 👍 

Just check if everything is alright with your cars until tomorrow morning 

All fine with me

• Like (+1) 2

After more than six months, meeting again with my favorite terrain Sweihan Ocean, fully cleared from all dirty dozer tracks and ready for welcoming me back with its huge dunes, deep bowls and with two very sound drivers! Despite extremely hot weather and very soft sand at some parts, today's drive was an amazing challenge to satisfy everything with offroading! 

Knowing that we are only three, I had already decided to push it higher to IM - and even more! ... and I did it!.. But what? No announcing from my radio screaming "Hold on... I am stuck... have refusal... heeeelp!" ... then I pushed it even more... still nothing but only a few re-attempting where I thought some as stuck, then amazed with excellent self-recoveries... 

We drove for 75 km in three hours and reached to Nahel right on time. I visited all my old way points and found that some are even better and more gorgeous than before! Cannot be any better return to Sweihan!

@Salim Akhtar @VipinShetty, first of all, thank you for not abandoning this drive and being on sand today. Secondly of course for your excellent performance allowing us to fly on those great sand waves and to play pretty much in those deep bowls. You both made a great step toward your IM promotions, where you have already achieved in my eye today 😉

See you again on the next!

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

Really it was another lovely drive in magnificent Sweihan area after very long time. Looked like we were venturing into all new terrain as no tire marks were seen.

Thank you @Mehmet Volgaand @VipinShettyfor making this possible. 
Simple enjoyed deep bowls and higher dunes with pace set by @Mehmet Volga especially the last deep dunes before exiting to Nahel.

see you again next time. Pls post the pictures. I have only videos, but I guess it cannot be uploaded here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

I was very excited about this drive since it was just 3 cars . No way was going to miss this opportunity to meet and get to know @Mehmet Volga @Salim Akhtar as it’s Easier to talk and learn from each other in such short convoy. 
@mehmet, great route. I had never driven the car in such deep bowls before… as much as it was scary it was exciting as well…  After that jump was a bit more cautious towards the end though😊

look forward to the pictures and videos… 

my phone doesn’t have a camera so couldn’t capture any of the actions !! 
thanks again and see you in sand soon !! 

• Well Done (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...

@VipinShetty @Salim Akhtar guys really sorry for the delay... It was a horrible fortnight full with work since our drive. Here is the videos I took.

See you again on September! Have a lovely summer!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use