•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa to Big red - Sharjah - 12 June 2022

M.Seidam

Updated convoy list

BB0DC73E-B3B6-475A-BE83-4864D6A6A592.jpeg.63b4480be75c85a068e6ffed4d0af47e.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5

Update 

D63A279C-D0AA-4390-8B6C-3589F3230C41.jpeg.4cffc422a35db000fb1322b312e93dbd.jpeg      Rajiv Sam             @Rajiv Sam

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you @M.Seidam for a wonderful drive. so exciting, I joined late yesterday evening. It would have been a loss missing this drive. Everybody was at the meeting place on time and we had moved out also at right time, In this climate condition, this is extremely important. 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie hope you have a normal overflow on steering oil in your car, nothing major.

@Sam K Stunning second lead.

All convoy was amazing, all drove well, nice meeting you all. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @M.Seidam for the great drive and the amazing brief/demonstration 🚗🚙before hitting the dunes (below is a reference 😅)

Also thank you @Sam K for the SL, @TT_Dubai for the sweep and @Rajiv Sam for the sweep and taking over the CF, good to see you again my friend.

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie Thank you for your support for the first half of the drive, I hope you are sorted with the car and we will be able to drive on the sand together soon.

Always happy to see old friends and meet new ones,  thank you @all and hope to see you soon on the sand.

F17AC422-BA29-4583-BB94-5BE467D0ED22.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam many thanks for the fantastic drive today. Very much enjoyed it and also found the criss cross tutorial extremely helpful before we took off.

Today was my first drive at Fewbie level so concentration levels were through the roof. Apologies to the whole team on the last climb, I think my refusal caused everyone a problem as it was impossible for cars behind to keep momentum. 
Evident still lots to learn……

Thanks to @Sam K for SL and @TT_Dubai, @Rajiv Sam for the support.

Top convey all great guys. Great to meet you all!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Drive report 

Dear Friends 

What a wonderful day it was and the drive was no less which speaks for how great you all were today. I really appreciate of being on time and more of adhering to the tips we all agreed about which made our day so enjoyable safely. 

Starting slowly from Tawi Nizwa aiming toward pink rock and that was the warming up part through side sloping and gentle criss crossing preparing for what comes next .

lining up at the base of pink rock where every one climbed it up with flying colors 

image.jpeg.94f46154a3b58aa742193b323f50a8a1.jpeg

Behind the rock now while enjoying our coffe break @Zixuan Huang - Charlie did smell a burning fluid / oil like odor. car off and the battery pole disconnected to check it out. There was no apparent gross leaking other than little from the power steering cap. Sealed it with Teflon tape and we agreed to exit our friend safely at sec Dec cafeteria.

image.jpeg.44f45287f8e07cd4533468d2406f7bfc.jpeg

Making little change in the convoy where our late edition of @Rajiv Sam taking now Charlie’s Center forward position where Tim @TT_Dubai took the sweep.

from sec Dec Cafe our real quest started toward big red passing pink rock to our left side combating the remaining time. 

image.jpeg.5afdc2d8475aa67e506098d7bc50ca3e.jpeg

The convoy response as if was telling please “ feed us more “😅 And it was . along the way maybe couple refusals came about with successful reattempts.

reaching big red ahead of my expected time plan ( bonus to the whole convoy ) and we had ample time to play around its eastern as well as southern parts and that was the climax of the day.

image.jpeg.0a86ff6b2724e8afe795f845843ae31c.jpeg

probably the only crest of the day was just before the exit and bit of proper shoveling and A track @Rajiv Sam managed to slid it like an ice cream 🤣

It was a challenging drive at least the end part of it and every one did more than great keeping the spirit always up 

@Sam K it was pleasure meeting you for the first time and as a second lead you did the job to perfection . Well done 👍 

@Jonny90 first time we meet too , pleasure. As your first Fb Drive you drove very well and managed your SWB y61 like a walk in the park . Well done 

@topgear always pleasure having you in any drive . No issue at all today 👍

@Alfred Alinazar it seems now you understand the Pagero very well . Great driving and reattempts 👍

Our wrangler boys today @JERINE_B And @Pieter Potgieter pleasure meeting you guys for the first time too.excellent driving and communication . @Senthil Kumar and @Amr Aydin guys you rocked today .

@Rajiv Sam and @TT_Dubai the black FJCs thanks for all the help and excellent communication as well as the nice driving as CF and Sweep .

last but not least thanks @Zixuan Huang - Charlie for supporting the first part of the drive . I hope nothing serious and you sort the issue if any soon .

till we meet next time take care and drive safe .

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Jonny90 said:

Apologies to the whole team on the last climb, I think my refusal caused everyone a problem as it was impossible for cars behind to keep momentum. 

No need for apology dear @Jonny90 this happens with the most experienced too sometimes. You drove very well and by time you will get the hang of it as you progress in the ladder . The last part was not easy telling the truth and just wanted to give you guys a taste of it safely off course .

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use