•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 12 Jun 2022

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie and Above 

When: 12th June 2022 Sunday

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Radió : Channel 1

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/PTPqopKS2CPzhxZD7

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 12 Jun 2022

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks all for RSVPing for the drive. We have an nice diverse convoy with a good mix of experience and ships, well aligned to the plan for the drive. 

Plan for the drive

Meeting point : we plan to meet at   https://maps.app.goo.gl/PTPqopKS2CPzhxZD7 and start the drive with first ray of sunlight, so make sure to reach at meeting point no later than 5am. 

The area is full of some crazy bowls and slopes, perfect terrain for us to explore every element of offroading - steep climbs to criss crossing, ridge riding and all.... There are dunes all over the place with exit points as well all around.

Plan is that there is no plan - we'll enter the dunes and just have fun, jumping from one play area to another, one bowl to another and will try to reach the exit at around 9am. 

So make sure you have your running gear set  as with dunes so awesome, i feel the need, the Need For Speed..🙂 yeah ignore it, i just saw Topgun  yesterday so it's going to stay for sometime...😂😂

We will be joined by the Sultan of Sweihan @Srikumar with all his energy and ofcoure the most beautiful Jeep we have in Carnity. Thanks Sri 🖖

Looking forward.to see you all this sunday. In case of any change in your plan, please update the RSVP and inform well in advance. 

Cheers 

@Ashok chaturvedi @Mus_hus78

@Indra Ozola @Imran Kashif

@Shahid Mehmood@takeshi sobue @Pascal @Zed @Ashutosh Garg

• Like (+1) 6

Oh my luck, I missed @Srikumar's drive few weeks back, and now the Master has descended back to Sweihan for another journey 👍  @varunmehndiratta based on the GPS, ain't nothing better than driving 5am passing a few chicken farms 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Zed said:

Oh my luck, I missed @Srikumar's drive few weeks back, and now the Master has descended back to Sweihan for another journey 👍  @varunmehndiratta based on the GPS, ain't nothing better than driving 5am passing a few chicken farms 😅

Hahaha...yeah plan is to beat the cuckoo clock 😆

• Haha (+1) 2

Dear Sand Sailors

With around 30 hours to drive, i am looking forward to see you all there in Sweihan, so are all the angry birds in the area full of poultry farms. 

Convoy order is as below. Please ensure to be there latest by 5am. 

Myself, Varun will be leading the drive in grey wrangler. 

Followed by @Mus_hus78 as second lead in his awesome Pajero. 

@takeshi sobue on his first FB drive will be next (no. 3) in FJ.

At number 4 will be @Indra Ozola in her Ram.

@Ashok chaturvedi in his FJ will be at number 5.

Then we will have two Prados with @Shahid Mehmood at 6 and @Imran Kashif at no. 7. 

At number 8 we will have our next Int driver  @Zed in Patrol

No 9 will be @Pascal in 4runner. .

And @Srikumar with his Jeep will be sweeping the convoy. 

Thanks all, ensure you are well rested and have all the requisite gear ready. 

We will be using Channel 1 on our radios.

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 4

My apologies, recovering from some fever. Was hoping to be fully fit by today but I think I will take another couple of days of rest.

Sad to miss the drive!

• Sad (0) 2

48 minutes ago, Ashutosh Garg said:

My apologies, recovering from some fever. Was hoping to be fully fit by today but I think I will take another couple of days of rest.

Sad to miss the drive!

Wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

At number 8 we will have our next Int driver  @Zed in the coolest LC ever. 

Hi @varunmehndiratta thanks for arranging the convoy; the LC is still in garage tho, so i'll be with the Y62 Patrol, need to test its new high-clearance bumpers & skid plates anyways 😂  No worries if u need to re-arrange, i can be center or sweeper with the big car 😅

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Zed said:

Hi @varunmehndiratta thanks for arranging the convoy; the LC is still in garage tho, so i'll be with the Y62 Patrol, need to test its new high-clearance bumpers & skid plates anyways 😂  No worries if u need to re-arrange, i can be center or sweeper with the big car 😅

Thanks Zed 👍

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use