•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - "Il Sorpasso": Al Ain District to Dubai - 10 June 2022

10 June 22 weather forecast saying 47c max temp , so hope the soaring temp won’t sink our cars in those wave of dunes …. My pajero is already huffing and puffing 🥵when I waitlisted for this drive …….. I will rename this drive to “ll forno “ !!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi @Gaurav its shows as my 2nd drive for the week! where in weekday drives are i know are not counted as part of the weekend drives,this could be the reason i was not able to rsvp earlier,kindly confirm on the same,thanks 🙂

Screenshot_20220607-132553_Chrome.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Waqas Parvez said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi @Gaurav its shows as my 2nd drive for the week! where in weekday drives are i know are not counted as part of the weekend drives,this could be the reason i was not able to rsvp earlier,kindly confirm on the same,thanks 🙂

Screenshot_20220607-132553_Chrome.jpg

AFE95F66-62BB-4A57-B7F6-B6E87FC546D4.png

1 minute ago, Joji varghese said:

New drive rule just announced 😊

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joji varghese said:

New drive rule just announced 😊

Its upto the club to change rules for the benefit of the majority but not right to apply the rules for a drive announced earlier before the change was enforced. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Christian Andras, it's the spirit of the drive that matters....rebellious, free-spirited... 😅

No worries, I’m all in, I did write my will when I got Covid 2 years ago, I’ll just quickly update it before the drive…😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Mus_hus78 said:

10 June 22 weather forecast saying 47c max temp , so hope the soaring temp won’t sink our cars in those wave of dunes …. My pajero is already huffing and puffing 🥵when I waitlisted for this drive …….. I will rename this drive to “ll forno “ !!

There is a solution, although it may be a bit short on time until Friday…buy an FJ!!!😜😀😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Christian Andras, it's the spirit of the drive that matters....rebellious, free-spirited... 😅

@Ale Vallecchi 😎

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear Desertnauts

quick update about tomorrow's drive.

First, contemplating his predicament with attempting to sign up to the drive, and the newly implemented regulations about Friday's drive, I have added @Waqas Parvez to the list, making it a still manageable 10 car convoy. 

Secondly, let's not worry too much about the forecasted heat. These are my preferred conditions, when driving in the desert: hot and dusty air, burning and soft sands. slowly cooling themselves down as the drive progresses toward the sunset,  when we'll be able to savor the balmy environment and dusky colors at the end of the drive. True desert conditions for a well motivated convoy.

If memory serves me well (not having been in this area for a few months), to access the meeting point across the farms and fields of the Al Hayer area, costing E20, we'll have to drive through one of those self-opening gates. Get as close to the gate as possible to activate the automatic system, then proceed on the dirt track to the meeting point. 

The drive's difficulty coefficient will be increased by the fact that we'll be always moving across the slip-faces, hence we'll have to find suitable places to cross the soft sand, especially at the beginning of the drive, in the hottest hours. We plan to reach at least Murqaab, with the possibility of extending to Lisaili.

At the moment, the convoy order will be as follows:

@Anoop Nair in Second Lead

@Joji varghese at #3

@ASAD. #4

@Rob S at #5

@Tom B #6

@Waqas Parvez at #7

@Charbel #8

@munkybizness at #9, and

@Christian Andras in Sweep.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a nice Thursday.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

For those coming from Dubai on E66 (Al Ain Road), ADNOC Al Hayer-2 (659) is the last gas station.
https://goo.gl/maps/6xkAVeMznmGMe5ZZ8 

It is 17kms from the meeting point.

If you’re coming from Abu Dhabi city, ADNOC Nahel (658) is probably the last station for you.
https://goo.gl/maps/XJPRnpBYvrJ2Uzru9

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use