•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - "Learning to Fly": Newbie Training Camp - Dubai - 11 Jun 2022

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above 

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wLQbrV7SzznyaZbN7

Action Plan: If Newbies were birds in a nest, eventually they'd have to throw themselves off to learn how to fly. Similarly, the goal of this drive is to "push" you off the nest, and train you to apply all the skills necessary to advance to Fewbie and above. All will be done with safety as the main concern, under the watchful and "loving" eye of yours truly. Qudra will be the place of this training camp, where we will start with basic straight crossings, move on to higher and higher side sloping, and finally, we'll study and practice different criss-crossings, and higher speed driving. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 4

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - "Learning to Fly": Newbie Training Camp - Dubai - 11 Jun 2022

@Ale Vallecchi wonderful concept! Your drive description never ceases to amaze the drivers, newbies and experienced alike. 
I am sure the convoy will be showered with “love” under your watchful eyes! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Dear Desertnauts.

In preparation for Saturday's drive, having said as much as possible in the drive's briefing, the most important information at the moment is how to reach the meeting point. Google map will send you on a long and windong route: to avoid it, please, arrive at Qudra Last Exit's ADNOC gas station, enter it (and top up your tank, as you are at it), and proceed through its exit. As soon as you have left the gas station's perimeter, you will find the meeting point to your left, on a dirt patch near a bike shop and a Thai restaurant. Park and deflate, as close to 13 (not more) or less, based on the type of tires you are mounting.

We'll enter the desert from a nearby track, and we'll have a technical briefing as soon as we reach the first dunes. Then we'll put theory to the test, practicing first straight crossings, then side sloping, and eventually smooth ridge riding and criss crossing. 

The convoy order will be the following (with Fewbies and above alternating to lead each Newbie, and tutor them through the training exercises and the drive):

@Adhir Saxena in Second Lead

@Yogesh Chaudhary at 3

@Nitin Mohan at #4

@Anirudh Dayma #5

@Mike. at #6

@Sunny84 #7

@Brette  at Center Forward

@Jaro Tuzinsky at #9

@george charbel #10

@Azam V2.0 #11

@JERINE_B #12

@Jad Moussalli #13 and

@munkybizness in Sweep.

Radio frequencies will be announced on the spot. 

Thanks a lot and see you on Saturday. Enjoy the end of the week. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 hours ago, JERINE_B said:

@Ale Vallecchisorry, skipping this drive as I got another drive confirmed for the week..will catch up nexttime

Hi @JERINE_B. After Wednesdays if the system lets you in a drive, even if it's your second drive, it means that you can do multiple drives, without depriving other members of theirs. So if you want to join this one it's OK, unless there are date and time conflicts. Up to you. Just let me know. Thanks

• WOW (+2) 1

20 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

In preparation for Saturday's drive, having said as much as possible in the drive's briefing, the most important information at the moment is how to reach the meeting point. Google map will send you on a long and windong route: to avoid it, please, arrive at Qudra Last Exit's ADNOC gas station, enter it (and top up your tank, as you are at it), and proceed through its exit. As soon as you have left the gas station's perimeter, you will find the meeting point to your left, on a dirt patch near a bike shop and a Thai restaurant. Park and deflate, as close to 13 (not more) or less, based on the type of tires you are mounting.

We'll enter the desert from a nearby track, and we'll have a technical briefing as soon as we reach the first dunes. Then we'll put theory to the test, practicing first straight crossings, then side sloping, and eventually smooth ridge riding and criss crossing. 

The convoy order will be the following (with Fewbies and above alternating to lead each Newbie, and tutor them through the training exercises and the drive):

@Adhir Saxena in Second Lead

@Yogesh Chaudhary at 3

@Nitin Mohan at #4

@Anirudh Dayma #5

@Mike. at #6

@Sunny84 #7

@Brette  at Center Forward

@Jaro Tuzinsky at #9

@george charbel #10

@Azam V2.0 #11

@JERINE_B #12

@Jad Moussalli #13 and

@munkybizness in Sweep.

Radio frequencies will be announced on the spot. 

Thanks a lot and see you on Saturday. Enjoy the end of the week. 

@Brette I've always driven behind you and followed for almost 4 drives.  this is the first time I'll be driving in front, it just feels weird🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Sunny84 said:

@Brette I've always driven behind you and followed for almost 4 drives.  this is the first time I'll be driving in front, it just feels 

Awesome drive today @Sunny84, enjoyed driving behind you. 😀 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

@Ale Vallecchi it was perfect choice of the area today morning. @Brette so happy i was able to follow you.  All guys, it was amazing  experience today, we had an opportunity to learn so much today. I was enjoying today morning a lot..

have a great weekend and see you the next weekend again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use