•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Lisaili - Dubai - 12 Jun 2022

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  12 June 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Lisaili Fort https://goo.gl/maps/ZikRWU1YYas968yT9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their accountsuspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Dear @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler  @Brett Eicher @george charbel @Thomas Varghese

Tomorrow we are blessed with a short convoy which is a great recipe for a fun and playful drive .. I wouldn’t really call it a NB drive so let’s see how far can we push the bar.. my expectation is already hitting the roof 😇

Pre-drive details below:

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.
  • Be at the meeting point by 5:00am (or before) and start deflating your tires to 14psi (front) and 13psi (rear)
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)
  • Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint: LisailiFort https://goo.gl/maps/ZikRWU1YYas968yT9
  • Convoy Order will be communicated during the briefing

see u all shining tomorrow on the sand 🤩

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you @Islam Soliman for a wonderful Newbie drive. I never expected the Newbie drive to be so exciting when I joined late yesterday. It would have been a loss missing this drive. 

Everybody was at the meeting place on time and we could move at the scheduled time with ease. @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler as 2nd lead was perfect for the role. He could sense when to stop, when to drive even before the lead could announce on the radio. Perfecto. @Brett Eicher in his Jeep drove effortlessly considering he hasn't driven much in the sands. Couple of refusals and a crest but that is all part of the game. @george charbel was also good in handling his Jeep. Small fine tuning on throttle control and he would be a good offroader soon. I was enjoying my position as sweep watching the jeeps tackle all the challenges Islam threw at the convoy. @Islam Soliman had really made a good track selection and for sure the pace, the challenges was a notch above and everybody performed very well. Made me go back to my Newbie days when I would announce I have a refusal, I have a stuck, please I need assistance. This convoy fortunately had not much stops and we exited the drive uneventfully at the scheduled time in Qudra Lakes. Uneventful I said because considering the terrain of soft patches here and there and really good climbs, crisscross & ridge riding the convoy performed very well. No mechanical issues, no pop outs and Islam had to give us breaks occasionally as there was no stoppage due to any of the causes mentioned above. 

It was my honor and pleasure to meet new faces and get to know each other and drive on challenging terrain. The advantage with a short convoy is very soon the drivers get accustomed with each others style and adjust very fast. 

See you all soon for another drive in the sands. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Cant agree more with @Thomas Varghese

@Islam Soliman What a fantastic drive! I can for fun today and I learnt a LOT! It was by far for NB drive and 10/10 to @Brett Eicher the way he steered through action packed 4 hrs!!

@george charbel Brilliantly handling and managing the ridges🤘🏽! Good to connect with you Jeep boys😎!

@Thomas Varghese Thanks for being the sweep, and those point to point clear instructions on minor refusals. Glad that your daughter too had Camel visuals😃👍🏻

For me : It was a fantastic, all inclusive package drive with Shovels, single rope and double roop tugs, self recoveries  and (thankfully) NO popouts 😂😎! see you all again sooon! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I had an absolute blast this morning; learned a tonne and now my cheek muscles hurt from grinning ear-to-ear the entire track.

Thank you everyone for the amazing drive, advice and even the odd rope tug off that pesky crest 😆

Can't wait for the next one.

See you in the sand!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use