•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa to Big red - Sharjah - 18 Jun 2022

Rizwanm2

Brilliant drive @Rizwanm2..

I did not know that it was your first lead until your briefing..and the drive definitely did not feel like your first one, given that leading a drive through big red is not easy!!

As we mentioned on the radio, you should be doing this more often. 👍👍

Good job as SL @Thomas Varghese..And sweep @Tom B

Thanks for your watchful eyes @Hisham Masaad at the centre 

Pleasure to meet and drive with all of you @Sam K

@Jonny90 and @Gurcharan Mehta

See you guys soon for the next one!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Rizwanm2 thank you for a great drive this morning and congratulations on completing your first drive as a lead.

I chose this morning’s fewbie drive thinking it would provide plenty of opportunity for my daughter to get out and play with her sand board. Well we were both in for a surprise! The convoy flowed beautifully and we had minimal amount of stucks and refusals. 

@Rizwanm2 your choice of route was excellent, giving us a taste of ridge riding, criss crossing, side sloping and hills climbs. 

@Thomas Varghese provided solid support in 2L and @Hisham Masaad in CF position. 

Well done @Sam K @Jonny90@Gurcharan Mehta @Sunil Mathew

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Sunil Mathew & @Tom B for your kind words. I joined this drive to support my friend @Rizwanm2 on his 1st drive as a lead. I was not disappointed and neither do I feel anybody else who joined would be. It is always a pleasure meeting new friends in the drive. @Sam K who drove behind me did exceptionally well. @Jonny90 behind him did too. The surprise was @Gurcharan Mehta who I am meeting for the 1st time and his LC. Drove exceptionally well. It was a beauty to watch him climb all the dunes with ease. 

The sunrise was beautiful but more beautiful was the grin on @Rizwanm2's face from ear to ear right from the beginning of the drive till the end. Well done buddy. Wish you all the best. You will also have much fanfare as a lead in coming days. Nothing to comment on @Hisham Masaad as he is always at his best behind the wheels. I don't wish to comment on a maestro and make him look ordinary.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Rizwanm2 Congratulations for your very successful first lead. Pleasure to be in your drive, with a very nice capable team. Track was mix of every thing off-roader might look at to test and evaluate his car power, and his knowledge of how to handle these situations. I am sure few of the drivers left the drive and looking for another one, where he will again test what he has went through during the drive. @Sam K and @Jonny90 pleasure meeting you for the first time, and happy to see how did you managed to navigate and go through the tracks, amazing and well done. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. @Gurcharan Mehta glad to see you again with your sun, who’s performing amazing copilot and secretary jobs 😅. @Sunil Mathew good to see you again. Thank you @Thomas Varghese for being SL, hope your daughter enjoyed and feeling better now. @Tom B as usual perfect SW, and happy to see your daughter enjoying and shoveling 💪🏼.

Look forward to see you again in sand

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Drive report

Thank you very much everyone for signing up and turning up early morning, By 5.15 AM total of 8 cars deflated and rock  and roll the desert. So we did our brief and head out towards the pink rock without any delay. I started with slow and pace so everyone can warmup their cars and muscles nicely.

It was very good drive till pink rock without zero refusal or stuck.  To my surprise there was little bit of high wind near to pink rock area which made the riding surface very soft. It was like we are riding the slip face of the dunes. But everybody did exceptionally well and we reached pink rock well before my target time.  We scaled pink without any problem and crossed over to the east side of the pink rock and started our journey towards big red.  at the beginning there were lot of cross tracks in this area after dodging the cross tracks then we are in medium range dunes where we manage to do lot of ridge riding and Criss cross.  It was literally about 30 mins of continues ridge riding. Everybody did exceptionally well in this area as and I was like literally flying through the dunes.

Also we covered high dunes of east side of big red before we reach big red. Everybody had their fair share of climbing experience before we took exit exactly at 9.00 AM

In total we covered 50Km off road which is way more than what i expected.  Well-done for everyone. 

Thank you @Thomas Varghese for your excellent support as second lead. A trusted friend behind me is always peace of mind. 

@Sam K you did exceptionally well and you managed your FJ like a pro. 

@Jonny90 you also did very well, during the first half of the drive you were like in learning stage and at the end you become a pro. Well done mate you are a quick learner.

The presence of @Hisham Masaad was the biggest confidence for me. Thank you very much for being patient and giving me tips and tricks through out the drive.

@Gurcharan Mehta and @Tom B the Landcruiser boys were in perfect sync. im amazed how you guys scaled all the high dunes like eating piece of cake. Well-done guys.

@Sunil Mathew I didn’t here much from you in the radio until we reach the end. Now I know you enjoyed the drive is my pleasure.

Final thank @Tom B for sweeping the convoy and keep everyone safe at the back. Sorry If your daughter didn’t get much time for her sand board. May be next time 😜

last but not least please share photos if you have to recollect our memories 🙏

Have a nice week ahead... 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Rizwanm2 thank you very much for a fantastic drive.

Bar far the most challenging drive I’ve been on, loved all elements especially the ridge ridding, concentration levels were through the roof.

I certainly have things to work on, especially climbing the big dunes.

@Hisham Masaad apologies for you having to drive right behind me, I am sure it wasn’t the most elegant thing to watch. However thanks for taking the time to give me some very useful advise.

@Tom B & @Sam K great to drive with you both, a real treat for me.

@Thomas Varghese great to drive with you again.

@Sunil Mathew @Gurcharan Mehta, great to meet you both!

Thanks again @Rizwanm2

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 minute ago, Jonny90 said:

@Rizwanm2 thank you very much for a fantastic drive.

Bar far the most challenging drive I’ve been on, loved all elements especially the ridge ridding, concentration levels were through the roof.

I certainly have things to work on, especially climbing the big dunes.

@Hisham Masaad apologies for you having to drive right behind me, I am sure it wasn’t the most elegant thing to watch. However thanks for taking the time to give me some very useful advise.

@Tom B & @Sam K great to drive with you both, a real treat for me.

@Thomas Varghese great to drive with you again.

@Sunil Mathew @Gurcharan Mehta, great to meet you both!

Thanks again @Rizwanm2

we all been there my friend... 

dont worry you will master it in no time.. 👍

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Rizwanm2 Congratulations on your first lead! It was a very enjoyable route and we all had a lot of fun and we really liked the mix of dunes. From climbing the big dune to ridge riding the smaller ones. Also, thanks for letting me in at such short notice. It was a great drive and l look forward to future drives.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, Hisham Masaad said:

@Gurcharan Mehta glad to see you again with your sun, who’s performing amazing copilot and secretary jobs 😅.

Likewise @Hisham Masaad, it was great to meeting you again. Haha yes, my son does a great job being a copilot. He compares it to the job of a copilot during rally races.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

The surprise was @Gurcharan Mehta who I am meeting for the 1st time and his LC. Drove exceptionally well. It was a beauty to watch him climb all the dunes with ease. 

@Thomas Varghese It was really nice meeting you for the first time last Saturday. It was great driving with you and I wanted to take the time to thank you again for all the lovely compliments. Hope to see you again soon!

@Tom B It's always great to see another Land Cruiser. @Jonny90 , @Sunil Mathew and @Sam K It was nice meeting yall, hope to see you guys around. 

Thanks again everyone for such a fluid and fun drive, hope to see yall again soon. 

Edited by Gurcharan Mehta
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use