•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 19 Jun 2022

Chaitanya D

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardise someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  19 Jun 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear friends

@Zulfikhar Naiyar

@takeshi sobue

@Looper

This one is on with a lot of fun for sure 

Short convoy = more fun 

Convoy list on the go at the meeting point 

Please make sure you are on time by 5 am at the location , with the mandatory gears and a charged radio not to forget a full fuel tank. 

my number in any case is 0529970964 

see you tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

It was a short convoy, all the attendees joining just a day before the drive. 3/4th of this convoy was 1/4th of the convoy from the previous day drive at Ghantoot with @JeromeFJ

I came from a night drive with @Kailas and was afraid i might not be able to drive to the fullest potential, but it turned out to be a fantastic drive and kept me fully awake and I enjoyed every second of it without any feeling of fatigue. The drive was not only refreshing but also a master class in technical dunes.

However improbable, in to find virgin dunes in Nazwa, it was not impossible for @Chaitanya D. It felt like a joy ride to me, gliding from one dune to another till we reached big red.

@takeshi sobue who speaks seldom was made second lead and did an excellent job in that position. He always kept a safe distance and matched the lead step for step, dune over dune acknowledging every instruction from the lead. It is a delight to hear his car's roar when he took it effortlessly up the tall dunes. He has superb control over his car - well done. 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar faced some hesitation on climbing the big red but towards the end he too had better grip over the techniques and for sure had some fun learning how to go about it. 

Thank you @Chaitanya D for a great drive on Sunday morning, It was everything I was expecting from your drive to be. Had fun 100/100.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Drive report

Absolutely agree with what @Loopermentioned in above message, it was indeed a 100/100 fun considering the short convoy of 4 cars . 
@takeshi sobue did well for a 2nd lead , though we had hardly any issues as we hit some nice clean dunes for the most part. Rising fuel prices and soaring temperatures have taken a bit of toll - in a nicer way to keep the dunes clean in an area which is mostly studded with cross tracks. Impressive driving and clean climbs all the way to the top of big red 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar drove well in his xterra except for some refusals and minor stucks/ crest. You did well playing in “D” for the most part , but as you progress you need to play with your gears for the long steep climbs . It is just a matter of time and practice which will get you there easily. 

last but definitely not the least @Looper presence on the drive added that reassurance that we played at a reasonable pace without holding back. Great team man to have on any drive - with full of enthusiasm and something new every time on his yellow Jeep 😜😀.

have fun you all, u till we meet next time sooner or later. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Thank you @Chaitanya D and @Looper for the amazing drive.. It was totally fun!! 

Few stucks and refusals.. and minor setbacks while climbing up from my side.. but thanks for all the support and advices.. Will be practicing in Manual moving forward to get a hold and feel the power of the X... Appreciate your guidance throughout.. 

@takeshi sobue - amazing driving brother, and love the sound of your FJ.. 

Looking forward to next adventures...! :) 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use