•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ghantoot - Dubai - 18 Jun 2022

JeromeFJ

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive details

Level:  Fewbie and Above

When: 18 June 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 05:15 AM SHARP

Meeting Point:   https://goo.gl/maps/4UiLiier2aPomBdz6 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to Expect: Technical Section, Crisscrossing & Ridge-riding

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:15 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 2:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

RSVP Below

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ghantoot - Dubai - 18 Jun 2022
18 minutes ago, Shahid Mehmood said:

@JeromeFJ Hi, I mistakenly added my self into. Manage. Please remove my name. Thanks 

@Shahid Mehmood - You can do it at your end too, by clicking leave :) and it removes you from manage 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@JeromeFJ Bonjour and with apologies I have removed myself from the drive for personal reasons (my wife wants me to attend to something and we can only do it on Saturday morning)...I know I know easier to change wife😁 ... sorry and hope to join your next drive. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, TT_Dubai said:

@JeromeFJ Bonjour and with apologies I have removed myself from the drive...

Hi Tim @TT_Dubai sorry to miss you this week, but with a happy wife, you are buying credits for next drives !!

See you soon hopefully 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH said:

@JeromeFJapologies I have been assigned duty on the drive day. Hence to pull out. Have a great drive. Tq

Thanks for informing me @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH. See you next time

Dear Desert Drivers, 

On Saturday morning, we will explore the South West part of Al Qudra. Starting from the track where most of us have done our Absolute Newbie drive, we will pass the Moon Lake, and start the drive with the tall dunes just behind. Nice rolling dunes to warm-up and enjoy the sunrise. Then we will cross the cycle path and the pylon track to enter the Ghantoot area. Expect more narrow dunes, sharp crests, soft sand. We will find our way along the long dunes cordon until we reach the fence making the end of this area. Depending on how we progress, we will either turn back a bit, and exit close to Bab al Shams, of reach more directly the E14 to the South. 

We have good chances to spot oryxes, have your camera ready !

I will finalize the convoy order tomorrow afternoon, let me know by midday in case you changed you plan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desert Drivers

A few additional information for the drive tomorrow:

Meeting will be 5:15 am at  https://goo.gl/maps/4UiLiier2aPomBdz6

The convoy order will be 

image.png.7149c8692acd9c22bbe64daefe62cfc3.png

We will use radio Channel 3.

Please check your gears and take a good rest to be able to enjoy fully the drive tomorrow !!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use