•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 19 Jun 2022

Islam Soliman

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  19 June 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 24°19'10.1"N 55°24'58.4"E
https://goo.gl/maps/6tENZGi7pt4nvf5G7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 19 Jun 2022

@Islam Soliman - I see another amazing level up drive coming up the way  🤩 with 6 ppl ! I got high expectations like the last week's one ! You made last weeks NB drive challenging and this one is FB+ , so am curious to see what's up your sleeves for this one  ;) 🤘

• Haha (+1) 3

Hello @Amr Aydin @Santoso Marjuki @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @RiaanJH @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Joseph Raju

A quick update for tomorrow’s drive. We need to decide on the starting time. Currently it’s set for 5:00am, however am sure you all observed the heavy fog this morning which is a potential risk to repeat tomorrow too. So instead of going with an early start at 5:00 then have to wait there for 1 hour or more for the fog to clear so we can start driving;  I am thinking of delaying the meeting time. However the negative side to this is we will get really boiled by 8 due to heat and we may have to cut the drive shorter and exit early.

You know I like democracy 😜 so let’s see what the majority preference is and decide 

“like” for sticking to 5:00am as originally planned

”confused” delay to 5:30am 

”love” delay to 6:00am

“wow” delay to 6:30am

“comment” for other proposals .

I will conclude based on the votes by 7:00pm tonight 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 5

Sensible, maybe 5:30 is good so we delay the drive and not to wait for long + we get to have a nice long brief till the fog disappears.

I'm with the group. Whatever is the decision.

Excited for the drive tho 😄

• Like (+1) 2

I would prefer on this option :like” for sticking to 5:00am as originally planned

Normal the foggy is only on high way ( Road to Sheiwhan) and on sand clear. 

I am totally agree at 8:00 as mentioned  @Islam Solimanwill be sweating and feel boiled 😁

Well at least we will have a cozy morning time with Coffee and Tea. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Amr Aydin @Santoso Marjuki @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @RiaanJH @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Joseph Raju

I guess majority is "confused" so let me try to sort out that now 🤭

Pre-drive details below:

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. 
  • Be at the meeting point by 5:30am (or before) and start deflating your tires and erect your flag
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 3 (446,056)
  • Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:  24°19'10.1"N 55°24'58.4"E
    https://goo.gl/maps/6tENZGi7pt4nvf5G7
  • Convoy Order will be communicated during the briefing

see u all shining tomorrow on the sand 🤩

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Well I am still thinking to join this drive but look at the temp today 50c where I was in al Ain my poor pajero needs to be cooled before the drive 😅….. but if I join an hour I would prefer 5:30 am and finish by 8 am 😂the quicker the better as the sand is like talcum powder !! 

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you for the great drive this morning and keeping us on our toes  @Islam Soliman, such a wonderful challenging one, you and Sweihan is a perfect combination for fun.

The adrenaline and joy from the first 15 minutes of this drive was enough to give a great satisfaction and high expectations for the rest which you and Sweihan did not disappoint as always, such a great lead and driver and honored to drive behind you as your SL and learn from you.

Sorry to see you leaving us earlier than expected @Karthikeyan Govindarajan, the rest of the drive was good but you were missed and hope your car/tire is fixed and you are ready to get on the sand soon.

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler as always, happy to see you and driving with you, looking at you in the mirror and watch how good is your driving was a blast, you are always a good team mate with a great attitude and the kind of a driver i look always to drive with.

I hope you an easy fix for your bumper and thank you for spotting my lost number plate :)

@RiaanJH mesmerizing driving as always, alert and focused, good to see you always in the convoy.

@Joseph Raju, good to see you again handling the beast perfectly.

@Santoso Marjuki my friend, you are the cherry on the cake today, great skills, team spirit.

Thank you for finding my plate number.

Felt lucky today for the fact that we had a smaller convoy than usual, no stucks or refusals and just joy and happiness behind a good lead.

What i learnt today is

• I have to get a lanyard for my radio to keep it safe as i lost it in the car during the drive and couldn't announce a nasty bump for the rest of the team.
  • Need a new, more steady flag pole instead of my inflatable man (Riaan, cant get it out of my head now🤣)image.png.8f072df7e881abcbe1fc49f4edd9fa61.png
  • Have to remove the number plate from the sleeve if im not planning to cut/change the rear bumper.
  • Having a good drivers and team mates in Sweihan's means more fun, no stops and more fuel consumption 🤣 (as per Riaan, we did approx 55 km today), no complains at all.

Great end of the weekend, see you all soon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use