• ย 

Monday's 18:59๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

DP1011

Just a casual thought : How many of you do have stress/anxiety at 18:59hrs every monday ๐Ÿ˜‚!

ย 

I have my 2 alarms set: 18:57 & 18:59!

ย 

How many of you leave everything aside on monday evening 18:59๐Ÿ˜‚, I am certainly one of those!ย 

just curious to hear what goes in ur mind and how do u handle 18:59/19:00 Mondays๐Ÿ˜…!ย 

ย 

@Amr Aydinย I know today you stopped aside while driving, @RiaanJHย I know you were in flight wondering if you will get confirmed drive slot after you land๐Ÿ˜‚
@Anoop Nairย Saw your 60 seconds comment today๐Ÿ˜…

Others??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good topic. Anxiety, yes, especially if there are limited drives posted for whatever reason that next weekend. I set an alarm for 18h58. By this time, I've already decided on my first and second options (if I'm around at all in DXB during the weekend that is) I then have the Whatsapp Carnity notification page opened with the exact drive link in position. Next I make sure that I'm connected to the strongest wifi (I find my data connection is slower sometimes), and hope that my phone doesn't decide to do some random update, run out of battery (or freeze) at exactly that timeย ๐Ÿคฃ. I make myself scarce, possibly somewhere out of sight ๐Ÿ˜‚ย It then seems to take a long time for the clock to change to 19h00, but as it does, my finger is ready.... I click the link, scroll down (but not too quickly otherwise the "going" button disappears), click on "going" - A painful few seconds goes by before (If I'm lucky) my name is added to the guest list.ย 

If I'm not too lucky, or a technical glitch happens, well we all know what happens then.ย 

• Haha (+1) 7

My routine: the alarm goes off at 6:51 and I would snooze it for 9 min, and then be ready with the fastest fingers first at 7:00 sharp as soon as the drive notifications would be pushed. And you know who the usual suspects are going to be, and the drives would be gone in 60 seconds. Good old days - gas was cheap and there was not too much work.

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

don't drive like its your last one.

Yep, had to stop on the shoulder of the road this time but usually I have 2 alarms, the first one is my wife reminding me that today is Monday and I have the Carnity RSVP to manage usually it goes off after working hours (lucky that she is into off-roading) and the second will start peeping at 6:55 to make sure I'm logged in and ready to press the going button for my preferred drive (have to do a rehearsal in my mind), refresh at 7:00 and hope to get lucky and it goes through.

Yeah, I would say that the 7pm RSVP situation re-shaped my afternoon/evening plans on Mondays.ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

ร—
ร—

Important Information

Terms of use