•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - "Amici miei": La Zingarata - Dubai - 20 Jun 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

Meeting time: 3:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/rP6MaKTmGXZci4EL8

Action Plan:  After the Rush Hour saga, and its sequel "Il Sorpasso", we'll continue with the Italian movies' theme, to propose a drive inspired by the comedy "Amici Miei". In this '70 and '80's series, one of the main sketches was called "La Zingarata", or an "aimless, wandering road trip" (the name taken from the word "zingaro", or gipsy). In the movies, one in a group of Florentine friends would show up unannounced at each friend's doorstep, to call for a "zingarata", an improvised road-trip to no specific place, in the middle of the working week, to which all friends had to participate, coming up with all kinds of excuses to leave jobs, wives, commitments, etc., going on to make pranks, and have good old fun!

So, here we go. A Zingarata somewhere in the desert, no goals, other than have fun, no clocks on, other than from start to sundown, no set tracks, other than exploring around, looking for random features, like a group of trees, or a set of dunes to reach. 

Lo vede che stuzzica?»: 45 anni fa usciva "Amici miei" di Mario Monicelli -  La Citta Immaginaria

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM (including the possibility of a 30 minute extension to reach the exit)

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Monday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - "Amici miei": La Zingarata - Dubai - 20 Jun 2022
1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

all friends had to participate, coming up with all kinds of excuses to leave jobs, wives, commitments, etc., going on to make pranks, and have good old fun!

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

I'm thinking about my leave excuse 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Shaker said:

I'm thinking about my leave excuse 😂

It's usually last minute business appointments if you are at home, and family emergencies if you are at work 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Tom B said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I notice the start point is TBC, but in the meantime are you able to give us an indication of the vicinity /area we will start from? 

Hi @Tom B. It will Qudra Last Exit ADNOC station (will update soon). That gives us the most options to wander around between Qudra, Solar Park, Lisaili, Bab Al Shams or Ghantoot.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Dear @Anoop Nair@Ashok chaturvedi and @Senthil Kumar I have decided to extend the convoy to 10 cars, so have moved @JeromeFJ to the Manage slot, and let you 3 in the convoy. 

Please confirm this is OK. 

See you on Monday.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Lucky sAm said:

Hello  @Ale Vallecchi

Would like to join this drive, do let me know if possible. 

RSVP please 🙏 

Hi @Lucky sAm. You are already in the drive 👍

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use