•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive- FAQA-Dubai - 26 Jun 2022

M.Seidam

Don't be annoyed @Tom B. You provided us with an opportunity to practice what @Gaurav taught us and pass on to new drivers the skills needed very much. Situations like this happen when you do an extreme sport like desert driving. It could have been anyone in the convoy including me in that situation. The most important thing in these situations is give up all your intuitions on what to do. 1st thing 1st is immediately shut off the engine and wait for instructions from the team lead and others in the convoy without panicking. You did great in all the 3 areas. By the grace of God we tackled the situation with ease and you and your car came down unharmed and we continued our drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Great drive @Shaaz Sha, lots of learning on as you mentioned and thats the beauty of any sports. It was wonderful to be amongst such experienced driver especially @Looper our sweep, @Ranjan Das,@Ashok chaturvedi & @Thomas Varghese

@Thomas Varghese always nice to listen to you and read your report. But you didnt mention me. Just because the Prado had a relatively uneventful drive doesnt mean u ignore altogether 😂

@Tom B was a pleasure following u, u were brilliant and remained calm in a tricky situation. Its imp u reflect on what went wrong but get the event out of your system and not let it affect your driving next time. Hope to see u soon. 

@Mohamad Anwer i hope the Mrs is well now, wish her a speedy recovery.

To the rest of the gang, was great meeting you all. Hope to catch up with you next time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Shaaz Sha thanks for the drive and for stepping in when @M.Seidam had to drop out of the lead (hope you are feeling better Doc?)

Was an interesting drive with some unusual events though were all dealt with professionally and in good humour as one team.

@Looper great work as sweep and well done @Ranjan Das as 2nd lead. 

I wont mention everyone as dont want to get in trouble for missing a Pajero or something! 🤣

Good effort everyone and see you all in the sand soon.

Ps @Shaaz Sha can you fit in an Abu Dhabi drive this Sunday before your vacation? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Matt.T said:

hope you are feeling better Doc?)

Thanks @Matt.T I am better than ever . And well done for all the help towards your fellow drivers 🙏

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Looper yeah how can I forget that lovely short convoy drive looping solar park 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Out of sight out of mind. @ASAD. I too forgot to mention how nicely you drove because i was looking at the convoy list to mention the names - and yours wasn't on it. Well Done buddy and thanks for the help with @Thomas Varghese pop out as well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use