•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive- FAQA-Dubai - 26 Jun 2022

M.Seidam

Dear Desert Explorers 

Hello and welcome. please if you sign to this drive i request you to pay attention to the following important points :

its obvious from the title its an exploration drive. its a completely new grid for us to explore even i didn't find a trace of any public tracks other than the one leading to some farms or reserves which are many in this area. the grid is about 20 km  from Alshuwaib dam north  to al hair  south and about 12 km from oman boarders east to E55 al shuwaib um al quwain road west in its largest dimensions. however and after studying carefully different maps the terrain is quite different in sand topography due to the geographical area where this area exist and this stems from being subjected to different wind blow directions resulting in unusual dune formation which keeps changing meaning what we will find tomorrow might be modified after couple of weeks later and this is not even updated on the best maps. having said that be ready to expect the unexpected ( double slip faces , sudden steep and abrupt drops , super soft sand , star shaped dunes ...etc ). 

I have chosen this area to explore the beauty of it ( eastern rocky mountain boarders , many fenced and unfenced trees and water in the middle of the yellow dessert. also its unique location which is feasible from the coming from Sharjah and north emirates as well as from Abudhabi and Dubai. 

As its an exploration drive in completely not visited area at least by us i preferred to keep the level of the drive to intermediate limited to 8 participants with at least 2 drives in their rank.

the desert is a place to explore and this is the beauty of it and its worth the risk which can be significantly reduced with better planning  so please check your vehicle and gear from today that both are ready and complete for your rank. check your spare tire and the tools required to un and install the spare when needed and be familiar please of how to do it.

more information to come yet when we approach the drive it self .

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive details

Level:  Intermediates and above

When: 26 June 2022, SUNDAY

Meeting time: 5:00 AM Sharp (without exception)

Meeting Point:   https://maps.app.goo.gl/LfjaTYwRssuwmcPC8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 8 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

RSVP On the Calendar Event Below:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate "Exploration" Desert Drive - Al Shuwaib - Abu Dhabi - 26 Jun 2022

Dear friends 

Manage

Waitlisted Attendees

its with sadness to inform you that I won’t be able driving with you guys as my PCR test came positive . I am good with no symptoms but we have to follow the protocol of home isolation for everyone safety sake. Therefore the exploration will be postponed but the drive it self remains and will be lead by @Shaz Shah ( thank you dear for taking the lead ) . 

please wait to learn further updates from @Shaz Shah 

wish you all best health and you have fun guys 🙏

Seidam 

• Sad (0) 6

6 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear friends 

Manage

Waitlisted Attendees

its with sadness to inform you that I won’t be able driving with you guys as my PCR test came positive . I am good with no symptoms but we have to follow the protocol of home isolation for everyone safety sake. Therefore the exploration will be postponed but the drive it self remains and will be lead by @Shaz Shah ( thank you dear for taking the lead ) . 

please wait to learn further updates from @Shaz Shah 

wish you all best health and you have fun guys 🙏

Seidam 

@M.SeidamDr. Wish you quick recovery inshallah 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

I am good with no symptoms but we have to follow the protocol of home isolation for everyone safety sake.

Great to know you doing good Doctor and hope it remains that way.
P.S. may you went overboard with the celebrations last week 🤪

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thank you all for your sincere wishes of fast recovery wishes the best health for all too 🙏🙏

• Like (+1) 1

• Shaaz Sha changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive- FAQA-Dubai - 26 Jun 2022

Important Information

Terms of use