•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive- FAQA-Dubai - 26 Jun 2022

M.Seidam

2 hours ago, ASAD. said:

Great drive @Shaaz Sha, lots of learning on as you mentioned and thats the beauty of any sports. It was wonderful to be amongst such experienced driver especially @Looper our sweep, @Ranjan Das,@Ashok chaturvedi & @Thomas Varghese

@Thomas Varghese always nice to listen to you and read your report. But you didnt mention me. Just because the Prado had a relatively uneventful drive doesnt mean u ignore altogether 😂

@Tom B was a pleasure following u, u were brilliant and remained calm in a tricky situation. Its imp u reflect on what went wrong but get the event out of your system and not let it affect your driving next time. Hope to see u soon. 

@Mohamad Anwer i hope the Mrs is well now, wish her a speedy recovery.

To the rest of the gang, was great meeting you all. Hope to catch up with you next time. 

Really sorry @ASAD.. As @Looper mentioned I was looking at the convoy list too to thank everyone. Thanks for helping me out with the pop out. By the way you had such an uneventful drive. Never heard you on the radio seeking assistance. Well done buddy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

No worries @Thomas Varghese & @Looper was just joking about me being invisible 😂
maybe @M.Seidam can still add me since he created the drive. Would be good to have it counted 😊
Doc hope you are feeling well and hopefully will see u in the next drive. 

• Like (+1) 5

@ASAD. thanks for your kind words I am doing fine just waiting to turn green 😅 . I see your name already on the RSVP I guess it was added already either by @Shaaz Sha or @Frederic . Only one thing remove your self from the wait list as no one can remove it except you . 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Epic Drive tribe from lead @Shaaz Sha to our sweep @Looper….. great cloudy day 😎 didn’t need to take out my sunglasses 🕶🤓….thanks everyone for supporting each other all the way to exit point …… @Zed we need to get along with more biryani drives once this covid restrictions  are gone 😋….. 

• Like (+1) 8

@Shaz Shah thank you for a great fun challenging drive at Faqa which as described by @Thomas Varghese you are the king of Faqa. Title well deserved.

It was a good experience for me to get crested and have to replace my LC70 tyre for the first time in 40 drives, as they say there is always a first time for everything!

Thank you @matt for the physical support and @Ashok chaturvedifor the tools supplement, we know when you are around there is everything in your FJ.

This drive had some challenges for my LC and @Tom B 's, however, the great support of the team left us with some fun memories and a great experience.  👍 

@Ranjan Dasand @Looperthank you for your great support, always there to assist   👏 👍 

@Simon Dawoodyou were very relaxed at the front and drove your Pajero beautifully  👍 👌 

To the rest of the team thank you all and looking forward to seeing you again 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 6/27/2022 at 8:31 AM, Looper said:

As @Shaaz Sha mentioned the first fifteen minutes of the drive had a complete radio silence, something must have broken with the radio I thought, but soon it came to life and did not stop till the end.

It was a cloudy morning and a good day to have some pop outs and refusals - so we thought and @Thomas Varghese was in a hurry drafting the drive report in his mind after a couple of pop outs; one of which needed a tire change for @Mohamad Anwer and one for @Thomas Varghese where his huge 3 ton jack was put to good use both times and then @Anoop Nair's car gave a mild shock when it refused to start for a brief moment. At that moment I told him not to hurry by announcing the conclusions already lest it jinx the drive as we were not near to the end. And soon enough @Tom B had quite a scare. Good for @Tom B that after a brief moment of adrenaline rush, he calmed down. I too had an experience with such a recovery when I was supporting my first drive as support staff with @M.Seidam and had an idea what needs to be done. I and @Ashok chaturvedi tethered the vehicle with our winches as @Tom B gradually corrected the angle and brought the car down to ground, with guidance from @Shaaz Sha. It ended with a battle scar that he can be proud of which was fixed with some duct tape naturally. 

Overall, it was the day for the Pajero-s of @Simon Dawood and @Mus_hus78 who were just chugging along and however much everyone tried to jinx them they were not going down and had a perfect drive. Pajero Power!

@Mohamad Anwer had a rather unusual day with a crest and a pop out due to the side wall being torn. Thanks to @Ashok chaturvedi for having all the tools and @Matt.T for putting all the torque that was needed to fix them. Also wishing a speedy recovery for your wife.  

@Ranjan Das was a fantastic 2nd lead in his recently upgraded Jeep. It's always nice to see @Matt.T with his Jeep and how effortlessly he drives it on any terrain. @Anoop Nair wanted more than one Looper sticker it seemed - but I will get you only one as doing extra loops does not get you more. I was at the end observing @Ashok chaturvedi and @Thomas Varghese navigate churned up tracks quite impressively, leaving them done a bit more for me to cross.

A big thanks to @Shaaz Sha for quite a drive. Uneventful you say @Thomas Varghese, which was anything but. 

Thanks @Looper for the write up. It was different and more challenging than some of the other drives which I have been recently. The car is in the garage and hopefully they will get to the bottom of the starting issue. I think it is time to put up the looper sticker which I have kept carefully until now.☺️

Edited by Anoop Nair
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use