•  

Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 1 Jul 2022

Chaitanya D

15 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Zed I take serious offence to this statement. Now, one should not blame me if they bring Fake Patrols from Dragon Marts. @munkybizness thankfully drives the real deal... 😂

Duly-noted and I apologize... I'll bring extra tape for the fake Patrol bumpers, seeing these fake bumpers weren't as strong last time we were in Sweihan in your night drive 😄

• Haha (+1) 3

Doc @Chaitanya D, I will be dropping out of the waitlist as the family has "demanded" that I prioritize them just like (insert Baghban reference here) 😛 

Will hopefully join a drive with you soon.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Haha (+1) 1

The first drive is always mine , the second needs visa from home ministry. The third ( rare ) needs visa with big “wasta” + submitting offer of home work for next whole week ahead  🤣🤪

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Andrew McCarthy said:

Sorry comrades - just tested positive for covid, so that's me out for tomorrow night.

Hope to be back soon. Enjoy the drive

Andrew

Get well @Andrew McCarthy

• Like (+1) 1

Dear friends

@Amr Aydin

@Haitham Khattab

@Zed

@Brett Eicher

see you Tonight at 9 pm

convoy listing on the go, come with a full tank 🫣🫣, charges radio, gears and enthusiasm 

see you soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the great drive last night, it was amazing and good experience to observe some of sticks and recoveries, hope all good with your car.

thank you @Zed for the sweep and @Haitham Khattab and @Brett Eicher for the great skills.

Hope those cable ties stayed in place all the way home @Brett Eicher😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Drive report:

What happens in sweihan stays in sweihan. 😀😜

Driver who did extremely well - @Brett Eicher . Remember the basics , climb the recovery ladder

1st maneuvering - steering, front / reverse ,

2nd gears - 4H/4L ,

3rd rope ,

4th winch and

5th chopper 😜🫣.

If not there will be a Jeep XJ- waypoint for off Roader’s in Sweihan 🤣

@Zed - awesome support , encouragement and enthusiasm.

@Amr Aydin - flaw less 2nd lead . Spot on !

@Haitham Khattab - great team player .

Final Score Nissan 1 - Jeep 3 

(A situation counts a gain for the other - and u know them well ) . But jokes apart - it is the driver who matters in any car 

Zeddy jinxed at start and the drive ends all well. We had fun 

Nissans are unbreakable but Jeep is a Jeep 😆

see you next time guys - ❤️

21 minutes ago, Amr Aydin said:

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the great drive last night, it was amazing and good experience to observe some of sticks and recoveries, hope all good with your car.

thank you @Zed for the sweep and @Haitham Khattab and @Brett Eicher for the great skills.

Hope those cable ties stayed in place all the way home @Brett Eicher😊

Superb concentration and involvement. Well done Amr 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

39 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Zeddy jinxed at start and the drive ends all well. We had fun 

Yeah with easy starting into the dunes, I noticed the 2 Nissans are like bodyguards guarding the 3 VIP Jeeps. And then just like in a warzone, it's the first car and the last car who "took the hits" for the team 😂😂😂 while the VIP Jeeps are happily smoking and chatting away 😅

The Fewbie Level Track finished at 11:30pm and Doc Marshal asked my opinion if we should switch track to a FB+ level. Seeing the 3 VIP Jeeps drove so well without any stuck, I had no objection going to FB+ (or mini Intermediate since this is Sweihan). 

The Team handled it well until we reach higher and higher and finally hit a pocket high up. Great teamwork up there, with everyone shovelling every possible side to make channel and try to give room for the wheels to sway front & back, rock-a-baby style and try to get out. Alas after some brainstorming, it was decided a traction board would help the rear tyre gain traction for getting out of the pocket. It was a good call, as the car managed to get out safely. Not many times in Carnity we get to use Traction Boards / Sand Ladders ☺️

Guess who was there last night with Traction Boards? (and yes to entertain @Srikumar it was those cheap traction boards from DragonMart, not the 1000dhs+ MaxTrax 😁)

Great second lead by @Amr Aydin always listening closely to Doc Marshal when to stop and wait. 

Amazing skills for someone who just finished a MasterClass and first Fewbie Night Drive @Brett Eicher. Wonder if the teacher is that Marshal with a similar XJ Jeep Manual? 😀

@Haitham Khattab i feel is due for promotion soon. I noticed at times he picks alternative sand, a bit to the right, a bit to th left, cos they are just easier and flatter. Not bad for terrain-reading at night 👍🏻

Always happy to support Doc Marshal @Chaitanya D everytime he's in Sweihan 👍🏻

Till next time Team!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use