•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 2 Jul 2022

Brette

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  2 July 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/Rej9P583QwgBaXdu8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 2 Jul 2022

Hi @Brette, the car needs to extend one more night in the spa and won’t be ready by tomorrow. As such, I have to unfortunately drop from tomorrow’s drive.  

• Sad (0) 3

Drive RSVP is now closed and the convoy order is below.

@Jaro Tuzinsky @Murtaza Bhuria @Sunny84 @Luke Johnson @Anirudh Dayma @imranaasghar81 @Paul Zietsman @Jonny90 @Jad Moussalli @Sita Sharma

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Newbie level drives. No gear = no drive. 

See you all tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM sharp and we will be using radio channel 1, 446 006. 25. 

If you need to contact me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

image.png.f06ce6d8ba51557add622e6d875d2946.png

• Like (+1) 7

Morning @Brette and others. Unfortunately I am not able to join you, I got cold and it is not getting better... :(( I was so excited to test my new geolander tyres.. enjoy the drive, and have a fun togheter.  See you around.

• Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

@Sunny84Spa was not for me man. The rhino is pampering itself with some facials and massages.

Hope the drive was good! Have a good one and see u next time 

Edited by Mike.
  • Haha (+1) 1

Good evening all,

Best part of today was meeting lots of new faces.

Drive was fun and full of lots of unexpected twists and turns. Looper I hope the bumper isn't too costly... 

Hope to see you all again in the next few weeks.

Brett what was the name of the digital tire gauge. Ill pick up a four cylinder compressor in the next few weeks great piece of kit.

Jad what was the name of the app for the watch is it available on play store ? 

If anyone has any good pics or vids from today with my FJ would appreciate you whatsapping them to me - I'll be sharing with my dad in the UK. +971 58 598 2653

Cheers all and have a great week ahead.

Imran 

• Like (+1) 4

I would have given better synopsis of the drive but unfortunately I was told to hold the convoy in possession( with no one behind me)  for an hour to which I thought that i was pranked and left alone.🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Sunny84 said:

I would have given better synopsis of the drive but unfortunately I was told to hold the convoy in possession( with no one behind me)  for an hour to which I thought that i was pranked and left alone.🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Good evening all,

Best part of today was meeting lots of new faces.

Drive was fun and full of lots of unexpected twists and turns. Looper I hope the bumper isn't too costly... 

Hope to see you all again in the next few weeks.

Brett what was the name of the digital tire gauge. Ill pick up a four cylinder compressor in the next few weeks great piece of kit.

Jad what was the name of the app for the watch is it available on play store ? 

If anyone has any good pics or vids from today with my FJ would appreciate you whatsapping them to me - I'll be sharing with my dad in the UK. +971 58 598 2653

Cheers all and have a great week ahead.

Imran 

@Sunny84your dedication to the sport is unmatched at 13pm I was parked at enoc catching up on some work and who pulls up sunny in his car getting ready for the afternoon drive! Sunny I was in admiration of your dedication!!!! 

@Luke Johnson you was a silent ninja throughout mate litterally cruising effortlessly over the dunes no drama and full throttle well done ! 

@Anirudh Daymait was fun driving behind you whilst you was discovering the power of your beast of a LC, once you have Sussed it you will be unstoppable mate!

@Paul Zietsmanmate I have to saw your cruise liner was insane to watch and made me wonder what it would be like driving such a powerful massive engine around over the dunes. Two things were highlighted which were good reminders for me. 1 the power of a kinetic rope and how to use it and 2 the power of a young brain kudos to your son for suggesting the idea with the winch rope the little guy is the next Elon Musk in the making! Legend and thank him for getting my hat I was about to pass out I kid you not lol! 

@Jonny90it was good driving with you again matey honestly! I hope you get those lights sorted with those recommendations. I think jijoy is your man here see what he thinks. I also have another idea WhatsApp me and I'll let you know. Great driving today was fun watching you zip around! If you can and you see area 53 come up I think you would absolutely nail it!

@Jad Moussalli I'll be honest it was your car I was most looking forward to observing on the dunes. That car has the looks and the power it's an absolute unit of a car and you drove like a pro. You really got stuck in when we had the hitch with the car full hands on and 150% dedication (as with everyone else!) 

@Sita Sharmayou drove like a demon at the back and definatly outshone your husband :-) you did really well what I want to know is why I can't get my wife behind the wheel looper your a lucky man! Would be great for Sita to be marshalling one day and looper in CF or sweep! 

@Brettethanks for your feedback at the end it was golden, also thanks for giving me the opportunity to put my car and brains to use with the refusals much appreciated. Look forward to driving with you again real soon. 

Have a great weekend all and see you on the sand! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use