•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Exploring the dunes less travelled at Lisali - Dubai - 3 Jul 2022

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie and Above 

When: 3rd July'2022 Sunday

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point:  https://maps.google.com/?q=24.919856,55.519013&entry=gps

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Exploring the dunes less travelled at Lisali - Dubai - 3 Jul 2022

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. Really good to see some usual suspects and some new faces. Plus we have some new first time FBs as well - going to be fun 😈😈

Been a crazy week at work for me and i am really looking forward to release some steam on Long range dunes around Lisali - .so get ready to rumble !!👍

Drive Plan - Very simple and easy - will enter the sand around camel track area, quickly (atleast i hope so) rush through some basic technical area and then we will let ourselves get lost into the beautiful long range dunes of Lisali. 

Some FAQs for our drive

When do we meet? - Sharp 5am without exception. Anyone one min late will need to bring in a Jerry can full of 10ltr Super grade petrol for the lead (yeah my Jeep doesn't like the taste of that cheap special or regular fuel 😂) and 20ltr.for  @GauravSoni who is hoping that he gets at least a tank full in lieu of giving up his sleep to join with us. Thanks @GauravSoni Anyone two or more min late will be sent back home (of course after delivering the Jerry can and 10 ltr petrol each for whole convoy). 

Where do we meet? Lisali camel track, drop pin will be updated tomo afternoon 

What we plan to achieve- Achieve? Dude It's a weekend so let's just chill and sail through the sand, far away from hustle of achieving something... Yeah, yeah you will learn as well 😴

Where do we exit - Who cares, somewhere around. Hopefully in Dubai. 🧭🧭

What time do we plan to exit - i plan to exit by 9am. When you will exit - depends on you 👿😂😂

What should I bring to the drive? Lots of energy, water, gear, snack for yourself and MASK

😷😷 <- yeah that's how it looks like, And yeah Smiles (but won't it be hidden under the mask🤔).

Any prep before the drive required? Take lots of rest, stay hydrated, ensure your vehicle is in perfect shape and above all ensure you set the alarm right   it's really a lame excuse that my alarm didnt ring - it always does we are the one who miss it 😂😂

In case your plan changes, please advice well in time. And in case of any issue feel free to call me - my no is 050 4430 882

So looking forward to see you all on Sunday. @Zulfikhar Naiyar

@RiaanJH @Stan Hassett @Jonny90 @takeshi sobue @salah2u @Ashok chaturvedi @Sam KK @Tom B @KAMALIO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

And as at @Carnity some ppl really care, so after reading my post and concerned with your safety (many who joined my last convoy two weeks back in Lisali are still trying to find their way out) Dr @M.Seidam has offered to join the drive 😂😂

Welcome onboard doc. Looking forward to see you. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Thanks @varunmehndiratta for adding me to the drive . Inshallah will be fun with gangs .🙏 and yes almost forgot the delayed one will get 30L super for me as technicals are very demanding 🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Sand Sailors

Convoy for tomo is as below. We will be using the radio channel:1 

Meeting Point : https://maps.google.com/?q=24.919856,55.519013&entry=gps

Convoy Order

1. Varun in Grey Wrangler

2. @Ashok chaturvedi in Yellow FJ will be SL

3. @Stan Hassett in white Prado

4. @RiaanJH in Silver Jeep

5.  @Zulfikhar Naiyar in Silver Xterra

6.  @Tom B in LC

7. @Sam K in FJ Cruiser

8.  @Senthil Kumar in red wrangler

@takeshi sobue in FJ with engine of F150 😂

10. @M.Seidam in White Xterra

11. @KAMALIO in Rubicon

12.  @salah2u in Y62

13. @GauravSoni in Pajero will be sweeping. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use