•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Exploring the dunes less travelled at Lisali - Dubai - 3 Jul 2022

What a lovely day despite the heat and what an amazing route to negotiate , it really felt like the less travelled dunes in Lisaili at least for me. Thank you @varunmehndiratta for the choice and smooth ride.

its nice to see new faces and catch up with familiar and old ones , and the most to see the children happy sliding the slopes. 

I am sure after todays drive every one has got one or two to take back home with big smile . I always do !

@Ashok chaturvedi @Stan Hassett @RiaanJH @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Tom B @Sam K @Senthil Kumar @takeshi sobue @KAMALIO

Thank you all for sharing the passion and care .

see you again in the sand 

cheers 

Seidam 

https://youtu.be/aeJ1BKKI3bk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Sand Sailors

Thanks a lot for joining in for the drive this morning. Got back home with all gears untouched, almost full battery on radio and a smile on face - couldn't have asked for a better convoy to sail through the challenges weather and lovely dunes at Lissali threw at us. We covered around 55Km at a good average moving speed of 24kmph - which speaks volume about how well each of you handled the challenges (and special credit to new FBs). Very well done!!

Thanks to @M.Seidam for all the support and guidance and especially for couple of lovely sessions on self recovery. Thanks to @Ashok chaturvedi - undoubtedly the most reliable SL and also for volunteering to get stuck on the ridge 😂 so that we can learn the power of shovel... Believe it's first time over several drives that i have seen Ashok getting stuck, but then that's the beauty of surprises that nature has to offer.

Thanks @RiaanJH for handling the responsibility as sweep nicely, well done 👍 - and that demo on criss crossing was just perfect.  Thanks  @Tom BB for being our pillar of strength and reliability at centre of convoy. You ensured that all refusals were smoothly handled without any major challenges. 

@Stan Hassett and @Zulfikhar Naiyar it was never going to be easy being the least experienced FBs in this convoy full of experienced drivers, however you both handled it very well with only some minor stucks and refusals. Also we had a chance to experience the importance of right deflation - especially with sand getting super soft in summer. You both handled your rides well and looking forward to drive with you both at higher levels soon. 

@KAMALIO and @Senthil Kumar we have driven togather many times and glad to see you both grow in confidence and skillset. You have the perfect rides for the sand and you handle them well. 

@Sam K another perfect drive for you - you are really getting great at ridge riding.  Hope your daughter enjoyed the drive. 

@takeshi sobue brilliant drive today - was good to see control taking over from speed 👍😊

Looking forward to drive with you all sometime soon. Till then have an awesome time and for those planning vacation, have fun.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@varunmehndiratta @M.Seidam and all fellow drivers.

Thanks everyone for helping recover from a crest 'stuck'. There is a famous japanese saying "saru mo ki kara ochiru" which means "Even monkey fall from trees". My ego got a bit beaten to be crested on a short dune.. No excuse given the nearest I may say that I tried to fool around with my gears 4 High and 4D..did well upto the point. A Lesson well learnt. Also a lovely sight to see two 3-5 years kids climbing up to join the recovery though were kept at a distance... Anyway despite the heat and loose sand the drive was meticulously run by our lead Varun.  I always enjoy watching him giving a crash course in Dune management using a toy car (Carnity must be loosing some masterclass oppertunity.. just kidding) but by the same token you having better informed drive members. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use