•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Middle Earth - Dubai - 8 Jul 2022

JeromeFJ

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and Above

When:  08 July 2022 Friday

Meeting time: 5:15 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/vTrkgA6vTqRBHFYP8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:15 AM

PS: COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 2:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below

• Like (+1) 4

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Middle Earth - Dubai - 8 Jul 2022
4 hours ago, Rob S said:

Hi @JeromeFJ I am signing out of the drive. Although now free of Covid, my ability to wake up in the morning and have focus and attention is still difficult. Look forward to joining you again soon! 

Get well soon @Rob S

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desert Drivers,

The long weekend is approaching, and the drive of tomorrow. Thank you for being courageous enough to start with an early wake-up call to spend 4 hours in a hot and dusty environment! We will have a very strong convoy tomorrow, and we will try to make the most of it.

We will cross the area called Middle Earth. I don't know really where it comes from, but it suits well for this vast stretch of desert between Solar Park and Faqa. We will have 3 to 4 sets of dunes, separated (or connected) by sabkhas. Dunes will be mostly technical, with higher sand formations in the Little Sweihan area. The soft sand will require all your skills and concentration to maintain momentum. Extra caution will be needed on the ridges and during criss crossing, to keep the balance of your car and maintain a precise driving line.

Be prepared to cover some distance as the sabkhas will easily credit additional km. If we progress well we can cross the high dunes of Faqa in the last part of the drive, and exit on the AD side.

@Mohamad Anwer @Gertjan @RiaanJH @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Pacific @Joseph Raju @ASAD. @Mark D @Karthik Raptor @Ranjan Das  I will issue the convoy order by the end of the afternoon, please let me know in case you changed your plan.

@Anoop Nair,only remaining WL, I can accept you to the drive, please confirm. 

• Like (+1) 7

30 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers,

The long weekend is approaching, and the drive of tomorrow. Thank you for being courageous enough to start with an early wake-up call to spend 4 hours in a hot and dusty environment! We will have a very strong convoy tomorrow, and we will try to make the most of it.

We will cross the area called Middle Earth. I don't know really where it comes from, but it suits well for this vast stretch of desert between Solar Park and Faqa. We will have 3 to 4 sets of dunes, separated (or connected) by sabkhas. Dunes will be mostly technical, with higher sand formations in the Little Sweihan area. The soft sand will require all your skills and concentration to maintain momentum. Extra caution will be needed on the ridges and during criss crossing, to keep the balance of your car and maintain a precise driving line.

Be prepared to cover some distance as the sabkhas will easily credit additional km. If we progress well we can cross the high dunes of Faqa in the last part of the drive, and exit on the AD side.

@Mohamad Anwer @Gertjan @RiaanJH @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler @Pacific @Joseph Raju @ASAD. @Mark D @Karthik Raptor @Ranjan Das  I will issue the convoy order by the end of the afternoon, please let me know in case you changed your plan.

The Raptors will roar again 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

35 minutes ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers,

A gentle reminder to all ( IF WE EXIT IN AD, THE RADARS DONT GIVE US 20 grace , I Have already contributed twice, wont make it third time :D )  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use