•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 17 Jul 2022

Islam Soliman

@Zed thanks i dont have a scanner unfortunately. Someone advised to remove the battery terminals overnight, i will try that and hope in the morning fault is clear. Are you sure it will be cleared with the scanner? 

Btw prado is a full time 4WD, so the 4H and diflock seems to be working fine. Its just the 4L function that seems to have the problem, not engaging also 

• Like (+1) 1

@ASAD. removing battery terminal is like formatting computer, it resets the ECU into learning mode again and zeroing all previous sensors' values. Car may run "rough" for a while as it relearns. This may work depending on car maker and codes. Error code like O2 sensors can only be cleared with a "Clear command" of scanner and not by resetting ECU (remove battery). 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey @ASAD. I have a professional scanner and get ur car upto the meeting point. Will clear all ur problems 

@Zed & @Thomas Varghese thanku so much, just saw your msgs. Reconnecting the battery took some time but @Zed like you said no lights initially but came back on after some time. I wont be able to make it to the meeting point ontime now anyway, better for me to sit this one out and get it checked rather than take a chance and spoil the fun for the rest of the grp. I hope you all have an enjoyable and safe drive, i will def catch up with you soon. 

• Like (+1) 3

@ASAD. hope no serious issue with the car

@Amir Amiri sorry to hear about the water pipe.. hopefully no damage to the house 

looking forward for driving with both of you soon

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you @Islam Soliman for the drive this morning! These soft patches and side slopes are always tricky, especially for the back of the convoy. Great way to start the day in good company, and for me a last chance to take some sand with me before my holidays. 
@Chris Wing @Simon Dawood @Vaibhav @Zed @Fabien Monleau @Thomas Varghese @Ranjan Das  it was nice driving with you, some of you since a long time! See you soon !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Islam Soliman thank you for the drive Such a lovely climate. Just felt like winter but just warm.very challenging drive with the dunes completely changed due to wind and rains.  @JeromeFJthanks for the dates. Have a lovely vacation and see you soon.  
It was pleasure meeting with @Chris Wing @Simon Dawood @Simon Dawood @Zed @Fabien Monleau @Thomas Varghese @Ranjan Das

Hope to see you all on the sand soon

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Islam Soliman Thanks for the drive today! the weather was great and thought the terrain changed a lot we still managed to find some good lines. Somehow I reverted to Newbie in a couple of instances today :D Hope you get the car fixed quickly and we'll see you on the next drive. 

Congrats to @JeromeFJ for the 100th drive! 

Thanks to @Ranjan Das for sweeping us today as well. 

As usual was a pleasure driving with all the guys today, we know each other well by now and makes all the drives a lot of fun!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for the IM drive today. It was fun driving with people whom you have driven with before. At 1st it seemed relatively easy but very soon got into challenging terrain. Plus point of the drive - @Islam Soliman took us through a track which had no cross tracks meaning less frequented area. Everybody showed up before time and so we could exit on time. Most of the time radio silence as all were experienced drivers. Had 2 crests - 1 for @Chris Wing and 2nd for me at the same place🤣. Had a crest situation after a long time. @Simon Dawood tugged out the 1st crest of Chris and @Ranjan Das pulled me out relatively easy. 

See you all soon in the sands. Some pictures are posted in the gallery for all of you to enjoy. Couldn't take more as no one helped the photographer in me by having a refusal or stuck. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use