•  

Twilight Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 16 Jul 2022

Chaitanya D

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When: 16 July 2022, Saturday

Meeting time: 6:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 24°57'00.3"N 55°30'40.0"E
https://goo.gl/maps/aRhyHjqTEYeL1Csc8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Sat 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Gaurav changed the title to Twilight Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 16 Jul 2022

Dear @Thejas Uthran

From your profile , I suppose this is your first drive with Carnity - Which is a twilight drive. We start during the evening and drive into the night.

FYI - it is always advisable to start with a day light NB drive to get acquainted with the nuances of desert driving. I believe you have some experience as claimed before on other drive threads- so can you please elaborate more  on what kind of drives , with whom , how long and in which terrains. This is just to get more insights into your claimed experience to position you appropriately.

Please confirm your car has required ground clearance, front and rear tow hooks in good condition and a 4WD/AWD system . What off road gears you have if any? For this drive you would need a compressor, deflator, pressure gauge , Radio , Shovel and a off road flag.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Chaitanya D

I have experience in driving in the desert dunes and mountain tracks,have been driving with a group of off-road enthusiasts and have driven on sand mostly in the badayer area to pink rocks,fossil rocks and other desert areas.I have all the off-road gear you mentioned and have been using it.Looking forward for the drive.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Friends

@takeshi sobue @Thejas Uthran @MChatt89 @James Lovell @Sunny84 @Waqas Parvez @Anthony Cupit @Andrew McCarthy @Brett Eicher @Gaurav Soni

Please note the listing for tonight

image.png.d9b141886930e6d5ab7c05d1218c3532.png

Radio Channel - 2

Mandatory gears required - Charged and programmed radio, off road flag/pole, shovel, deflator and compressor

Advisable not to have food immediately before the drive, give a 2 hrs break to be comfortable.

Please ensure your cars are in best of conditions , with a usable spare tire and the spanner/wrenches for the lug nuts.

Considering it will be more driving into the night, bring a spare torch if available , full covered trousers and shoes to be safe .

@takeshi sobue will be 2nd lead and you will follow his lines

@Waqas Parvez will be center forward managing the recoveries if any along with me and @Gaurav Soni

See you all tonight

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Sunny84 said:

@Chaitanya sorry for the late notice,  unfortunately I won't make it to the drive. Not at my best of health. 

Still recovering from it.

Thanks. 

Noted with thanks

take care 

please sign out of the drive

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use