•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Bidayer - Sharjah - 23 Jul 2022

Hisham Masaad

Amazing drive made by you guys. All were on time ready for the drive, where we started moving by 5:30, was going through, till around 6:00, @ASAD. Had the pop out, which after so many trials, didn’t succeed, and had to replace with the spare tyre, and move to the exit to make sure Asad exited safely. Hope the Tyre is not affected Asad, and can be fixed. This took almost an hour, and started moving again, with more desire to make use of time left. Fun started attempting all climbs coming through, and must admit, in general the area has totally changed and the sand is still moving and soft, causing many refusals. Lucky not much stucks, and the shovel was not much required except the 3 times, 2 for the pop outs and one of @Fabien Monleau. We then moved towards the famous iftar and Super Bowls, to have some more fun and challenges, and amazing time spent there. Glad to see all enjoyed the second half of the drive, and happy to see smiling faces. On the way to the exit another pop out with @Chris Wing which was fixed quickly with the help of all. @Rob S amazing SL, and at many times reporting the track details to others, when I miss to do that, thank you Rob. Nice to see your message @GauravSoni early morning to join the drive, and thank you for supporting.

@Waqas Parvez thank you for offering help and support whenever required. Glad to see you again @Vaibhav @Ashok chaturvedi @Amir Amiri

@Matt.T good to see you again, and wish you a safe trip back.

@Zed thank you very much for coming from Abu Dhabi to join us, good to see you again. 

Everyone has really shown how good controlling the drive and going through challenges. Below screen shots of the drive.

Look forward to see you again my friends, with happiness and good health, and nice weekend.  

Hisham

098AA691-4033-4FB7-9A9F-6CFDA3A1C75A.jpeg

AAADE2F2-63B0-45F1-9926-D48FF8D35C9F.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Hisham MasaadThank you for an amazing drive. You made it up for the lost time at the end. It was so much fun everyone enjoying Iftar and Super Bowl. We missed @ASAD.hope your car is sorted out. @Rob S good job as SL. @Waqas ParvezGood support specially in the heat. @Gaurav Soni having you in the sweep just boosted everyone's confidence at front. 

It was a pleasure driving with such an amazing convey @Fabien Monleau @Zed(Abu Dhabi Power) @Amir Amiri @Ashok chaturvedi @Chris Wing 

@Matt.T Wishing you all the best mate. It was a great honor to drive with you. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Hisham Masaad thank you so much again for the drive. Wish i could continue to the more exciting part. Cant thank everyone enough for helping out withe the popout especially @Rob S @Waqas Parvez @Fabien Monleau & @Vaibhav
Car is fine and all fixed now but theres definitely some research needed on how to fix poputs on these beadgrips

hope to catch u in the next badayer trip.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 hours ago, ASAD. said:

Car is fine and all fixed now but theres definitely some research needed on how to fix poputs on these beadgrips

Hi @ASAD. compressing using a ratchet is one way of getting that extra force to re-seat the bead... see this thread where last year we saw a similar situation >> 

Edited by Zed
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Zed said:

Hi @ASAD. compressing using a ratchet is one way of getting that extra force to re-seat the bead... see this thread where last year we saw a similar situation >> 

Thanks for sharing @Zed. Yes, tyre lube along with the ratchet method looks quite a logical way to fix poputs on these wheels in the desert. I was actually surprised that it did pop in the first place since i was running at 11psi but i guess a pocket and sharp turning led to that. 
think i will buy a ratchet and some lube just in case. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ASAD. said:

Thanks for sharing @Zed. Yes, tyre lube along with the ratchet method looks quite a logical way to fix poputs on these wheels in the desert. I was actually surprised that it did pop in the first place since i was running at 11psi but i guess a pocket and sharp turning led to that. 

I always carry few ratchets in different sizes with me @ASAD., Unfortunately the coconut water idea prevented @Zed to tell us how to fix the pop out 🤣

• Haha (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Unfortunately the coconut water idea prevented @Zed to tell us how to fix the pop out 🤣

yeah sorry for that,  i got told off by Waqas too after the drive 😂 so after my toilet break, i went out of the car without my radio 🙈 Next time i'll keep the radio in my pocket in case i've got some tips from previous drives 🙏🏻 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

I always carry few ratchets in different sizes with me @ASAD., Unfortunately the coconut water idea prevented @Zed to tell us how to fix the pop out 🤣

I was this close to say he let us suffer on purpose 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ASAD. said:

I remember we tried this ratchet method to fix a difficult pop out of an FJC tyre last year . lead was @Chaitanya D 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use