•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Muraqqab to Qudra - Dubai - 24 Jul 2022

Rizwanm2

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above 

When:  24 July 2022, Sunday.

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/AepDNbfZbKX46Xwz9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 drivers.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Muraqqab to Qudra - Dubai - 24 Jul 2022
3 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

@Rizwanm2 thankyou for posting this drive! This is an amazing route with mix of challenge and fun! All guys who joined are in for a blast for sure!

Thank you @Gaurav Soni for joining and supporting this drive. Looking forward have fun filled drive. 😃

• Like (+1) 2

As @Pacific is already a support team member he should be included in the manage tab instead of cutting into the place of an ordinary driver. Am I right? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

As @Pacific is already a support team member he should be included in the manage tab instead of cutting into the place of an ordinary driver. Am I right? 

😊 @thomas  its matter of team, and we are great team. @Gaurav Soni let's have more refusal for me, hope you got it. 😂.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Dear Team 

@Gaurav Soni @Gregory Powell @Sam K @Jonny90  @Federico Galbieri @Pacific @TT_Dubai @Imran Kashif @takeshi sobue @salah2u @Thomas Varghese

Hope you all ready for the adventure tomorrow morning,  I kept meeting time as 5.30  AM But appreciate if you all can come early,   deflate and be ready for the briefing by 5.30 AM so we can move early with the sunrise. 

We will be using the Carnity channel 1 for radio communication. below is the convoy list for tomorrow. 

image.png.569f9c0b95f217198eeff33866f89680.png

See you guys tomorrow morning. 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

THE RECOVERY MASTERCLASS DRIVE.

This was a drive where everybody witnessed a remarkable recovery of 3 cars from inside of a bowl. From words borrowed from @GauravSoni a pickle situation. When the senior members of the convoy - me, @Ashok chaturvedi & @Pacific raced to check on the safety of the lead @Rizwanm2, the 2nd lead @GauravSoni we found the 3rd car of @Gregory Powell perched high on the slip side of a dune at a height above Rizwans car. Its a miracle no cars banged into each other in the tight bowl. Rizwan had already announced on the radio for the 3rd car to hold and not follow the lead and 2nd lead, Gregory had already crossed the threshold of holding but all 3 were safe but stuck. @Ashok chaturvedi rose to the occasion and kindly offered his new prized possession the WINCH at the disposal of the convoy for the ultimate recovery. Its commendable how Ashok has mastered the controls of the winch so that all 3 cars came out of the bowl like it was a walk in the park. BRAVO Ashok. Rest of the convoy watched the very extreme recovery and I hope they have understood the basics of a master recovery in a safe way which is what the club teaches its members. The instructions from @Rizwanm2, @GauravSoni and @Pacific was precise and all 3 cars continued the drive joining the rest of the convoy.

Regarding the drive - it was fantastic and Rizwan really upped the challenges as the convoy was strong. We had our share of a pop out, my rear right tire popped out after hitting soft sand and cross tracks from the rest of the convoy on a side slope 🤣. Fixed in less than 10 min. I had a weird crest also while reversing the car up a high dune.

The convoy of very able drivers @Gregory Powell, @Sam K, @Jonny90, @Federico Galbieri, @TT_Dubai, @takeshi sobue @salah2u hadn't had much issues through out the drive and I really enjoyed driving with them. Deliberately didn't mention @Pacific and @Ashok chaturvedi as they are now veterans in desert driving and what can I complement on their impeccable driving and machines. Did everything as expected of them and even played role models to the rest of the convoy. 

Thank you @Rizwanm2 for hosting the drive. It was fun.  

See you all soon in another fun drive in the sands. Some pictures are posted in the gallery for all of you to reminiscence our drive. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use