•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 6 Aug 2022

GauravSoni

17 minutes ago, Zed said:

Thanks for the update @Thomas Varghese! Is it fixed now by replacing the battery? Else you may need to visit an electrician to fully inspect cablings, fusebox, power draining and short-circuits...

Yes its working fine and after scanning the whole car electricals on live data with my scanner. All values remain the same. 

• Well Done (+2) 1

Just now, Thomas Varghese said:

Yes its working fine and after scanning the whole car electricals on live data with my scanner. All values remain the same. 

It could be the scanner it self causing all this 😇🤣🤭

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

The cell separation theory from the previous readings looks like the issue my friend 

• Like (+1) 1

I will definitely keep one spare battery in my car from now on....

my own daily's battery died without sign this week; my pathfinder's few month old battery seems to be defective that doesnt hold charge for longer than 3 days; see at least 1 case each weekend that someone's having battery issue

battery's failure can be solved easily just by ourselves, but so critical that can stop a fully mechanically healthy car from running....

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

I will definitely keep one spare battery in my car from now on....

my own daily's battery died without sign this week; my pathfinder's few month old battery seems to be defective that doesnt hold charge for longer than 3 days; see at least 1 case each weekend that someone's having battery issue

battery's failure can be solved easily just by ourselves, but so critical that can stop a fully mechanically healthy car from running....

Looks like its not your battery which is having problems in your Pathfinder. It discharges in 3 days because there is an electrical leak somewhere. Easy way to check is to remove your negative terminal and try to reconnect it. If there is a good enough spark when you reconnect it then definitely there is an electrical leak. There will be a nominal small spark or no spark if all electrical systems are ok. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese

3 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Looks like its not your battery which is having problems in your Pathfinder. It discharges in 3 days because there is an electrical leak somewhere. Easy way to check is to remove your negative terminal and try to reconnect it. If there is a good enough spark when you reconnect it then definitely there is an electrical leak. There will be a nominal small spark or no spark if all electrical systems are ok. 

there is no leak, I disconnected the battery from both terminals for 3 days to check if it holds, and it didnt. and I cant find the warranty card anymore ☹️

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

there is no leak, I disconnected the battery from both terminals for 3 days to check if it holds, and it didnt. and I cant find the warranty card anymore ☹️

Then the battery is going through the slow natural death process. I don't know why but I have noticed that battery's die mostly during summer.

Edited by Thomas Varghese

22 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Its 100% now sure that the battery died a sudden death inside the desert. I've purchased a new battery and now the car was running from morning till now without problems. 2nd time happening inside the desert. 1st time was on may 15th 2021 on a drive with @Wrangeld. The battery ran 1 year and 3 months and died suddenly without any warnings. Replaced with an Energizer batt made in Spain. 1st one which died was AC Delco, now 2nd one is the famous Amaron. As per the battery shop it can happen anytime when you do abrupt jumps inside the sands. The inside cell connections can separate and its sudden death for the battery. As for running without connecting the terminals again the car will die in 10 min when the alternator cannot discharge the generated voltage to the capacitor ie the batt and will become hot. I saw the code generated for abnormal voltage generation from the alternator 35 times in my scanner.  

Your scanner can show early signs of battery dying. Rest if you try any visible or functional irregularities, its difficult. My all batteries so far had sudden death. No signs or warnings, everytime I cant believe. Back home never happened this way. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pacific said:

Your scanner can show early signs of battery dying. Rest if you try any visible or functional irregularities, its difficult. My all batteries so far had sudden death. No signs or warnings, everytime I cant believe. Back home never happened this way. 

Battery death signs cannot be shown on regular scanner unless its a battery load tester. But sudden death is not because battery is weak. Its because of the bumpy rides, the inside cell connectors separate and the battery can no longer function. 

Important Information

Terms of use