•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 6 Aug 2022

GauravSoni

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above 

Meeting time: 5:15 AM (deflated and ready to move)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ATc8SASUigiP8xo28

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:15 AM 

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 6 Aug 2022
  • GauravSoni changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 6 Aug 2022

Welcome dune surfers !

@Zed @James Thorn @Mohamad Anwer @Thomas Varghese @Ashok chaturvedi @ASAD. @Chris Wing @Daniel Yang @Simon Dawood @Pacific

My plan is to start moving around 5.20 am. The convoy is strong and I am sure we are going to have loads of fun!

we will be using channel 3.

The convoy order is as follows:

1 Gaurav Soni
2 Simon Dawood 
3 Asad 
4 James Thorn
5 Thomas Varghese
6 Pacific
7 Chris Wing
8 Mohamad Anwer
9 Daniel Yang
10 Zed
11 Ashok Chaturvedi

From the support team we have @Pacific in the center, however  everyone is responsible of the person Ahead/ behind for any stuck or recovery under supervision from the support team.

Please ensure you have all your recovery gear.. ropes/ shackles/ shovels / jacks in good condition for tomorrow .

See you all at 5.15 am

• Like (+1) 5

Drive report:

A drive which had flavors of almost everything one can expect. Pop-outs, stucks , refusals, winch recovery, car failure, tyre stem valve leaking, flat tyres, convoy getting lost, broken flags, no flags, car getting tugged out of the desert.

The terrain was amazing and the convoy strong. Yet, proving Murphy’s law is what we ended up with.

Brilliant driving by @Simon Dawood following my moves rerouting when necessary even without guidance. 
You guys responded well with every challenge thrown your way.. well done @James Thorn  @Thomas Varghese@Chris Wing @Mohamad Anwer @Daniel Yang @Zed

thanks for the valuable support @Pacific @Ashok chaturvedi And @Zed for carefully tugging the X out to the tarmac.

At times I could sense the exasperation brewing up however I thankyou all for the patience. That’s what makes each one of you a true off-roader.

in the end, we all got in and got out safely, and that’s what is the most satisfying aspect for the convoy.

kudos! 
I will see you all again on sand , probably on the same route again next weekend.

Have a great weekend.

just to update you all, Thomas’s car is being taken on a recovery to his garage as I write this report. He will let us know what happened exactly! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use