•  
Advertise here

Recommended Mitsubishi Pajero Winch installation !!

Hey Desert buddies , 

I need an advice for a recommend winch ( brand / Model ) and a recommend installation for my Pajero 2011 LWB. As i  have been asking around , but some people over complicate it ( rocket science ) and others over simplify it ( to a limit you feel scared ) and safety is the number one concern here i don't want to end up installing a 12,000 LBS winch with some bolts or brackets that are rated at 50KG 😂🙈, neither install some over bulky brackets that will make the car hard to drive 

thank you in advance for sharing your experience with me 

• Like (+1) 1

Warn winches are great, so are Smittybilt winches, if you're going for a winch though, know what your usage will be, if its in sand you need a synthetic rope, if you're in rocky and mountainous regions you need a metal one. I know a few garages that will sell you one and install. For a recommendation, for your car i would say VR EVO 10-S WINCH - 103253 is decent, it uses a synthetic rope. Warn winches come with bolts and everything you need apart from a location to mount your winch. Let me know if you need more help.

Edited by Harshal
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Harshal said:

Warn winches are great, so are Smittybilt winches, if you're going for a winch though, know what your usage will be, if its in sand you need a synthetic rope, if you're in rocky and mountainous regions you need a metal one. I know a few garages that will sell you one and install. For a recommendation, for your car i would say VR EVO 10-S WINCH - 103253 is decent, it uses a synthetic rope. Warn winches come with bolts and everything you need apart from a location to mount your winch. Let me know if you need more help.

@Harshal Thanks for your input , i will appreciate it if you could share with me some garage who will know how to install it properly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon Dawood said:

@Harshal Thanks for your input , i will appreciate it if you could share with me some garage who will know how to install it properly. 

I don’t have a winch on my truck as I will change my bumper for a higher clearance one.

56 minutes ago, Simon Dawood said:

Hi Simon, sharing the business details aren't allowed to keep unbiased views than spamming meaningful replies with shop names.

I'm sure you can google WARN winch offered by the various off-road garages in UAE, get 3 quotes based on google reviews, and you will find the winner.

For the WINCH, I am using TJM for 3+ years (barely used) and they are also equally good and reliable as WARN, as they both are AUS brands and trusted by serious offroaders.

Also, I agree as Harshal mentioned, to go with synthetic rope if you are not into mountains and wadi. It's less messy than the metal cable that starts fraying after a couple of pulls. Same fraying experience in my current TJM and previous WARN winch I had.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 8:53 PM, Gaurav said:

Hi Simon, sharing the business details aren't allowed to keep unbiased views than spamming meaningful replies with shop names.

I'm sure you can google WARN winch offered by the various off-road garages in UAE, get 3 quotes based on google reviews, and you will find the winner.

For the WINCH, I am using TJM for 3+ years (barely used) and they are also equally good and reliable as WARN, as they both are AUS brands and trusted by serious offroaders.

Also, I agree as Harshal mentioned, to go with synthetic rope if you are not into mountains and wadi. It's less messy than the metal cable that starts fraying after a couple of pulls. Same fraying experience in my current TJM and previous WARN winch I had.

@Gaurav thanks for the information,  after shopping around i thunk warn is the best option , even less weight than the others. My only problem is currently with the fabricatiin as apparently pajero needs to have a fabricated winch mounting brakets . 

Thanks