•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - L2L: The Lahbab Loop - Dubai - 13 Aug 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above 

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/srGQfnEFe4epYysu7

Action Plan:  A loop from Lahbab to Margham and back, on a great variety of terrains, with all kinds of dunes - long range, technical, and bowls - through a diverse landscape, dotted with trees and shrubs, across several sabkhas, for a complete drive, that will test every off-roading skill. Usually a den for local's nights out, falcon training, and camel herding, this area is always surprising and rewarding.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Hi @Ale Vallecchi
Unfortunately, I won't be able to join this drive as my car is still in the service center 😞
See you next week in the sand.

• Sad (0) 1

Dear Desertnauts

let's prepare for our excursion on a very little driven terrain, where mostly locals roam, and where all kinds of off-roading skills will be tested. Thankfully, the convoy will be quite experienced, so we should be able to maintain a brisk pace, and add some learning options to the menu. We'll try to build up the drive all the way to almost its end, when, just before exiting, we'll have fun riding the soft red sand bowls that overlook Tazi Nazwa. 

The convoy order will be the following:

@DP1011 , Deepak wrangler in Second Lead

@Anthony Cupit at #3

@James Lovell #4

@Usman Basit at #5

@Thomas Varghese will be at the Center of the convoy

@Ali Shah at #7

@Andrei S #8

@Arshad Roojee at #9

@salah2u #10, and 

@Sunil Mathew in the Sweep.

The radio channel will be confirmed at the meeting point, which is just after passing the village of Lahbab, on the way to Badayer.

See you all on Saturday PM.

• Like (+1) 2

Apologies @Ale Vallecchi Dint realise I was waitlisting this drive. Since I join you (TGIF) , I should have romoved the WL on this. sorry again for putting you through Updating convoy order. 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking forward to the drive after a vacation gap of more than a month... @Ale Vallecchi just to let you know that i will be joining in my new avatar.. a 2015 Fortuner V6.. my profile is updated with the change

Sold my jeep before it starts biting back 😄😉

And decided to upskill myself by driving a not so popular/capable car 🙂..testing the newbie waters as a start

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

13 hours ago, DP1011 , Deepak wrangler said:

Apologies @Ale Vallecchi Dint realise I was waitlisting this drive. Since I join you (TGIF) , I should have romoved the WL on this. sorry again for putting you through Updating convoy order. 

Hello @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler. Can you confirm if you are joining this drive? Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler. Can you confirm if you are joining this drive? Thanks

Hi @Ale Vallecchi Apologies, I would skip this one hence removing my name from RSVP.

Edited by DP1011 , Deepak wrangler
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use